Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Talon R
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well mine finally bit me while here in Arizona. Left seal always a bit damp no drips. At 4K now the right seal let loose and drips now. My question any real fix? Have it at dealer and their tight lipped no info. After sitting a week at dealership collecting dust I’m going in and pick it up and replace seals myself I’m pissed. They have nothing but excuses. After this season I’m considering a Can Am X3. Mine is a 2019 1000R. Any help? I really do enjoy this unit but support is crap!

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Left front has seeped for almost 1500 miles. I hear eventually it may "spontaneously" stop, but not counting on it.

It looks like quite a bit is coming out and getting all over everything, but the two times I actually checked and filled it, it was only down 1 to 1-1/2 ounces. It is a pain to have to put up with it, I know, and we all expect more from a Honda, but it is at least very accessible and not difficult to fill, only taking a couple minutes. I am not in a hurry to leave it at the dealership so will just keep checking it every few hundred miles.

The Can Ams are great too. Really boils down to what you want. If you are thinking about the Can Am, maybe wait to see what Robby has to offer when the Speed unit comes out (they say in the next few months).

·
Registered
2019 Honda Talon R
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve got 2 friends with deposits on them and still waiting. I think by the time he gets them out they’ll be levitating…

·
Registered
89 Posts
After this season I’m considering a Can Am X3. Mine is a 2019 1000R. Any help? I really do enjoy this unit but support is crap!
You might want to do some more research. I have friends that had to replace head gaskets and front diffs on their Can Ams. Of course, none of them were happy with the dealers or the finished work.

In the mean time, I have 5800 miles on my Talon and the only problem was a u-joint ejected a clip and a cap worked out at 4661 miles. I put in greaseable 838 u-joints and tack welded the caps to the yokes.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Talon R
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m installing a pair of Rhino axles and new seals in the front and will monitor results and post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts