Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Talon Forum. I live in Florence Arizona, very near what is know as Box Canyon, miles and miles of really great riding, and some historical sites as well (mines, petroglyphs, etc). I would love to get an Arizona Riders Group going to get out more and find new places to ride. I could lead a ride near Box Canyon or the Boulders (South of Florence). Maybe someone could lead a ride in another area. I am retired so can go out most days (unless I am golfing!).

It would be fun to put together some trips to other places as well, Glamis is cool for riding dunes, and I really want to get to Moab. I have a Toy Hauler so camping is certainly an option.

·
Registered
2020 talon r
53 Posts
I would be interested. I live in Surprise , and have just started riding . Crown King is a fun ride , and a mix of evrything. I'm also retired . I have the 2020 talon r.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Talon 1000R
10 Posts
Hello, I would also be interested in joining in. I just purchased my first SXS yesterday and spent an hour in Wildcat OHV just up the road from me. I'm looking forward to hitting other trails in the Phoenix/Flag area. I'm located up in the Carefree area.

·
Registered
2020 talon r
53 Posts
We could met and ride local . Boulder hills just past Lake Pleasant at mile marker 11 and 3/4 on hw 74 has all kinds of different trails. Would like to do a Utah trip and other states as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We are currently based out of TX but ride all over the west (AZ, CO, WY, MT, ID, ARK). We are in the process of selling our house in TX and moving back to MT. Since March of last year we have been to 10 different states.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know you are from AZ and are used to Hot, but I suggest Moab Late March to mid May and Mid September to Nov 1. Beside the best weather, all the costs like Motels (probably site rentals for Toy Haulers) are half what they are in Summer when Tourists arrive. Plus a lot easier to get around town but still busy. There are several good books available for the trails at Moab too, including how to get to trail heads for visitors. Can get your out of state Utah trail permits at Maverick Gas stations. Plus you may want an extra day to take pickup through Arches & Canyonlands parks (without trailer). your Old fart card gets you in free.

·
Registered
2020 talon r
53 Posts
Sounds good, I'm in. The 2 days that I can't make are the12th and the 13th . All other Feb. days work for me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm just down the road in Pittsburgh PA. I'm a 4Runner guy as well as a Talon guy. I recently stumbled across a short documentary about "The Great Western Trail" called "Losing the Way" (available on Amazon prime video). It made it sound like the AZ section is the most complete and arguably the most fun. They showed Box Canyon and mentioned many other landmarks. A lot of yankees like myself vacation in the west and bring our buggies or 4x4s along. I haven't ridden in AZ yet but it's on the short list. Any information on trail systems and lodging would be put to good use and very much appreciated. Ride on and pack it out!

·
Registered
2021 Honda Talon 1000R
10 Posts
I'm just down the road in Pittsburgh PA. I'm a 4Runner guy as well as a Talon guy. I recently stumbled across a short documentary about "The Great Western Trail" called "Losing the Way" (available on Amazon prime video). It made it sound like the AZ section is the most complete and arguably the most fun. They showed Box Canyon and mentioned many other landmarks. A lot of yankees like myself vacation in the west and bring our buggies or 4x4s along. I haven't ridden in AZ yet but it's on the short list. Any information on trail systems and lodging would be put to good use and very much appreciated. Ride on and pack it out!
I moved to AZ just over three years ago from Philadelphia and will never go back east again. I love it out here. Just so much to see and do. That said, I've hit most of the popular trails, although I've not done any of the longer trails such as the great western trail, and there are a few others who's names elude me 30 minutes prior to hitting the sack, I'll list some of the trails for you:

Back Way to Crown King/Front Way to Crown King
Senator Highway
Seven Springs Road/Bloody Basin Road/Sheeps Bridge (check out the home built hot sprints in the reeds).
Broken Arrow (Sedona)
Schnebly Hill Road (Sedona)
Apache Trail (closed I hear as a large section washed out a few years back)
4 Peaks, sadly the whole area burned this past year, but still worth a trip over to Lake Roosevelt.
Queek Creek/Montana Mountian.
Box Canyon as you mention

There's a ton more, those are a handful of the popular trails around Phoenix and the ones that I'm specifically familiar with. Since your close to Phoenix, it's has a HUGE suburban area that all of these trails are near, so finding lodging won't be tough. Feel free to bring your camping gear as you can disperse camp pretty much anywhere you wanna set up shop. As an FYI these are all popular trails so weekends on these trails in the cooler months will likely have a lot of traffic. During the week, of course, the trials are quieter.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
170 Posts
Hello Talon Forum. I live in Florence Arizona, very near what is know as Box Canyon, miles and miles of really great riding, and some historical sites as well (mines, petroglyphs, etc). I would love to get an Arizona Riders Group going to get out more and find new places to ride. I could lead a ride near Box Canyon or the Boulders (South of Florence). Maybe someone could lead a ride in another area. I am retired so can go out most days (unless I am golfing!).

It would be fun to put together some trips to other places as well, Glamis is cool for riding dunes, and I really want to get to Moab. I have a Toy Hauler so camping is certainly an option.

View attachment 1857
I am very interested. I'm retired and live in Kingman where desert and mountain trails abound. Let's see what happens with this post you made and see how much interest is generated.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts