Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Argh that's crazy, I guess I got lucky with timing on mine. Best of luck all, if I hear of any for sale and or coming in unspoken for I'll post it here.

If anyone is near Ohio, call Just for fun Honda in Middlefield Ohio (iirc it's Middlefield). While I didn't have the best experience with the salesman, they seemed to get the side by side in quickly.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am on the West Coast and my Talon (a 1000X-4 Live valve) has been on order (deposit paid) for a little over a month. Called the dealer and they recommended a Special Edition that was not spoken for. I ended up going that route - it is supposed to be here this week, but havent been able to confirm that yet...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am on the West Coast and my Talon (a 1000X-4 Live valve) has been on order (deposit paid) for a little over a month. Called the dealer and they recommended a Special Edition that was not spoken for. I ended up going that route - it is supposed to be here this week, but havent been able to confirm that yet...
Sounds Great...I originally wanted the standard 1000X, but the Live Valve was scheduled to be delivered in End June....so I did about the same...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put a deposit down in December 2020, salesman told me last month probably looking at 2022 model,talon x4 live valve

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Put a deposit down in December 2020, salesman told me last month probably looking at 2022 model,talon x4 live valve
I guess I may as well settle for Time on the Water in my Ol Pontoon...
Ouch, But Thanks
I have contacted Honda trying to ask if they are Building-Shipping Talons...No direct answers at All; just someone taught to be “friendlyishly” and wish you a happy day....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not enough Fox Shocks to supply Honda, for some reason Fox is having serious supply issues getting out their product. The whole country's supply chains are in real trouble right now, it's hard to get parts for any product you might be making. It's in auto parts, building supplies, RV camp trailers, you name it and it's hard to get right now. One of the daughters and her husband ordered a new small RV camp trailer from a dealer friend of theirs right across the street from the manufacturer. A six month wait, and it is just a plain jane trailer. The manufacturer cannot get needed parts! It's that way every where.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Not enough Fox Shocks to supply Honda, for some reason Fox is having serious supply issues getting out their product. The whole country's supply chains are in real trouble right now, it's hard to get parts for any product you might be making. It's in auto parts, building supplies, RV camp trailers, you name it and it's hard to get right now. One of the daughters and her husband ordered a new small RV camp trailer from a dealer friend of theirs right across the street from the manufacturer. A six month wait, and it is just a plain jane trailer. The manufacturer cannot get needed parts! It's that way every where.
That’s when folks like me just gotta wait patiently...
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Talon was pushed out another month - I would not be surprised to hear about the supply issues - seems like everyone has issues lately.
I was hoping to have it for a trip later this month to the Oregon dunes, but I will have to stick with the quads for now...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My Talon was pushed out another month - I would not be surprised to hear about the supply issues - seems like everyone has issues lately.
I was hoping to have it for a trip later this month to the Oregon dunes, but I will have to stick with the quads for now...
I hope this is a True Honda holdup and Not Dealers just stacking up Sales for Units they hove not Even Ordered; Beyond their allotment...

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
You headed to the UTV takeover?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hope this is a True Honda holdup and Not Dealers just stacking up Sales for Units they hove not Even Ordered; Beyond their allotment...
I Believe it is a Honda (company, not dealer) issue - I am hearing of parts issues all over the place (not just Honda) related to The China pandemic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Okay, what is UTV Takeover?
Remember I don’t have my Talon Yet...
I had to go look it up - looks like a big UTV get together in Coos Bay Oregon. Coos Bay has some nice dunes to play in... My Talon doesnt look like it will be here for it, even if I wanted to go...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Florence, Oregon also has nice dunes to ride on, we used to go there in the 80's when our kids were little and 3 wheelers where the norm, unless you had a dune buggy!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I had to go look it up - looks like a big UTV get together in Coos Bay Oregon. Coos Bay has some nice dunes to play in... My Talon doesnt look like it will be here for it, even if I wanted to go...
I’m in Eastern KY, I can enjoy the videos...and Someday gonna hook up 5th Wheel RV;go visit California, Oregon, and Washington State...
Thanks for info

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Florence, Oregon also has nice dunes to ride on, we used to go there in the 80's when our kids were little and 3 wheelers where the norm, unless you had a dune buggy!
I can enjoy Youtube Videos...don’t believe I be hauling Talon that far...
Thanks for reply

·
Registered
134 Posts
Our local Honda/Yamaha dealer is getting Honda Pioneer 700 and 1000 models, both in 2 and 4 seater models, so the production lines must be slowly restarting. But no Talons yet, the Fox Shock shortage still seems to be an issue they tell me. And they are starting to get Yamaha SXS units that don't use Fox Shocks, but none of the extremely popular Rmax 1000 models that use Fox Shocks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm putting my new Talon X live valve up for sale tomorrow. 10 hours, just under 200 miles. Never taken off the road. Has awesome dealer installed items and can be bought with or without the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. I'm stepping back to a pioneer that fits us better with hauling around two golden retrievers. I'm located in Missouri.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts