Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
This reply will probably not help you decide. But, I have beadlocks because I thought they would help to easily remove my tires for repairs or to put new tires on without using a tire machine (paying a shop). Not necessarily the case. The tires bead seats so securely to the inner rim lip that it is extremely difficult to remove without mallets or pry bars. Good luck on your quest.
Agree with the above.
if you are rock crawling or running in the sand and airing your tires down below 10 then maybe. But anything is possible at anytime. I don’t run them in Az and have never had a problem with the type of riding that we do. Save your money for something else. Ok all of the beadlock lovers jump in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In Ohio if you every go to Techumsah Traills you will want them i ride their a lot and rolled beads about once every couple weeks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are bead lock rims really necessary...for me?

1. I am a new SxS owner living in Ohio, and got hooked on these machines by renting one down at the Hatfield McCoy trails. I don't go crazy with it, and love the trails. Intending on hitting trails in KY, WV, OH, TN.

2. Never heard of bead locks until I rented a SxS at Hatfield McCoy and saw some. My Kawasaki rental had none, but I made it through The Rock House anyway. I was absolutely amazed at the sideways pressure those tires (without bead locks) took while staying on the rims.

3. I have no idea how often these SxS tires break a bead on hard trails like those; I never saw any flats that weekend.

So, is it really that necessary to get that upgrade? Just follow air pressure recommendations and quit worrying?
Beadlocks only really help when you air down, half recommended pressures. When I rock climb, like at Moab, I air down to 7-8 PSI Beadlocks do help. If you don't plan to air down...nor required in my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are bead lock rims really necessary...for me?

1. I am a new SxS owner living in Ohio, and got hooked on these machines by renting one down at the Hatfield McCoy trails. I don't go crazy with it, and love the trails. Intending on hitting trails in KY, WV, OH, TN.

2. Never heard of bead locks until I rented a SxS at Hatfield McCoy and saw some. My Kawasaki rental had none, but I made it through The Rock House anyway. I was absolutely amazed at the sideways pressure those tires (without bead locks) took while staying on the rims.

3. I have no idea how often these SxS tires break a bead on hard trails like those; I never saw any flats that weekend.

So, is it really that necessary to get that upgrade? Just follow air pressure recommendations and quit worrying?
If they needed bead locks they would come with them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
is this your first vehicle you have ever bought? If all vehicles come with everything they need, there would be no need for any aftermarket parts. I assume you leave everything stock.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Short answer -=-= NO. I have been running 35s over two years on stock rims and no problems with super low air pressure, they have never moved. I rock crawl very aggressively and no problem at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, it’s good to read the post, past and present to try and get insight on product quality, need/use and rider feedback, opinion and every now and then get a glimpse into an individuals passion for the sport.
I got tell you after hours my head is spinning. Bout time to put it park, fire off the grill and sit down to a custom Long Island tea.
i ride southeast, based out of Alabama. Been a Polaris ranger hunter mostly until I took it to wind rock. I’M HOOKED.
I bought a 2021 1000x. I have decide on TERRA MASTERS 32x10x15’s. I think as an old school dirt biker Method MR 409’s will suit my old ass. 1.5” spacers on the rear is a must.B side out, 5-2 offset cool. Ax’s planet has the tires. Where do I get the wheels. What’s the lug nut spacing. I don’t do well with metric numbers, I’m MERICAN. I want to stay light but durable in wheel set up.
can any of you tell me a better set up. Or help me with a vendor and the wheel specs. I take care of my shi-uff but will hammer down if a punk wants to try an old fart.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow, it’s good to read the post, past and present to try and get insight on product quality, need/use and rider feedback, opinion and every now and then get a glimpse into an individuals passion for the sport.
I got tell you after hours my head is spinning. Bout time to put it park, fire off the grill and sit down to a custom Long Island tea.
i ride southeast, based out of Alabama. Been a Polaris ranger hunter mostly until I took it to wind rock. I’M HOOKED.
I bought a 2021 1000x. I have decide on TERRA MASTERS 32x10x15’s. I think as an old school dirt biker Method MR 409’s will suit my old ass. 1.5” spacers on the rear is a must.B side out, 5-2 offset cool. Ax’s planet has the tires. Where do I get the wheels. What’s the lug nut spacing. I don’t do well with metric numbers, I’m MERICAN. I want to stay light but durable in wheel set up.
can any of you tell me a better set up. Or help me with a vendor and the wheel specs. I take care of my shi-uff but will hammer down if a punk wants to try an old fart.
Loc dog don't ride for no trick ass bitches

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heard that. I think the driver is the trick, not the machine. I’ve surprised many times. Gatta know what you got and who you’re dealing with. I think the Honda will play into that over the Polaris. I hope the Honda lives up to the hype.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bolt pattern on the Talon is 4-137. Spacers, my go to is RB3.com in Az. Really well made right here in the US of A
Wheels good luck, I went with Raceline Mamba 5-2 offset. Non bead lock. You have a lot of choices

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bolt pattern on the Talon is 4-137. Spacers, my go to is RB3.com in Az. Really well made right here in the US of A
Wheels good luck, I went with Raceline Mamba 5-2 offset. Non bead lock. You have a lot of choices
lthis is what they look like on

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks good. I think I’m going with method 409’s and sti comp art’s. I’ll get spacers from rb3. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don’t know, but this predictive text is killing me. Every time I read what I tried to type I see words spelled wrong. I promise, I did pass the 3rd grade.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts