Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 1000X
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not seeing a whole lot of Talons with the OEM 90L storage box online. Is it just the price tag? The Talon is the wife's toy as I prefer a set of handlebars... She likes the look of the Honda box and me the 90L part :). Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had it when I got my talon. Not dust.or waterpro
of. Removal and install is easy with the plates but that's about it. Have it and the plates in the basement can't give it away. Get milwaukee packouts and be happy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not seeing a whole lot of Talons with the OEM 90L storage box online. Is it just the price tag? The Talon is the wife's toy as I prefer a set of handlebars... She likes the look of the Honda box and me the 90L part :). Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks!
Had the 35L found it to be to small switched to the 90L and glad I did. Fit and finish is excellent, easy in and out for cleaning, maximizes available cargo space with out blocking my rear view mirror. I have a Yeti soft sided cooler in it along with a role up tool bag, tire repair kit with small compressor, a couple other necessities and still have room for other stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought one when I purchased my Talon in May, 2019. The only Honda accessory I bought because I liked the snug fit in the rear cavity and it was roomy. I carry a heavy load in it (tools, scissor jack, shovel, etc.) and it's held up well from that perspective. Also I've found it to be water and dust tight. The top is flimsy but I carry very little weight on it. This August one of the clamps ripped at a weak point in the design where the clamp fits over the hasp. I looked at the other clamp and it was also starting to tear. There is no extra load on the clamps because I make sure the lid closes normally before I snap them. They're made of rubber so I "healed" them with a good quality superglue but that won't last forever. As far as I know the clamps aren't replaceable. Then what do I do? Stick a barn door lock on it and poke a stick in it? Honda can sure as hell design or purchase better quality for the ridiculous price they charged me for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had the 35L found it to be to small switched to the 90L and glad I did. Fit and finish is excellent, easy in and out for cleaning, maximizes available cargo space with out blocking my rear view mirror. I have a Yeti soft sided cooler in it along with a role up tool bag, tire repair kit with small compressor, a couple other necessities and still have room for other stuff.
Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Light

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought one when I purchased my Talon in May, 2019. The only Honda accessory I bought because I liked the snug fit in the rear cavity and it was roomy. I carry a heavy load in it (tools, scissor jack, shovel, etc.) and it's held up well from that perspective. Also I've found it to be water and dust tight. The top is flimsy but I carry very little weight on it. This August one of the clamps ripped at a weak point in the design where the clamp fits over the hasp. I looked at the other clamp and it was also starting to tear. There is no extra load on the clamps because I make sure the lid closes normally before I snap them. They're made of rubber so I "healed" them with a good quality superglue but that won't last forever. As far as I know the clamps aren't replaceable. Then what do I do? Stick a barn door lock on it and poke a stick in it? Honda can sure as hell design or purchase better quality for the ridiculous price they charged me for it.
I've had mine for 6,000 miles with no issues. I fill the voids with towels so that heavy things like my toolbox don't bounce around (much).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts