Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new talon today I’m from northern Indiana , I ditched the general 1000 4, sick of belt issues, any recommendations on what to do first with my talon as far as accessories?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Id look into the polaris belt conversion and turbo. No more clanky shifting and an additional 100hp to help toast the belts faster. 🤪

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd do tires before anything else. The stock tires are marginal at best.​

Just picked up a new talon today I’m from northern Indiana , I ditched the general 1000 4, sick of belt issues, any recommendations on what to do first with my talon as far as accessories?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well you have the basic on any machine, winch, but have to agree the stock tires are shit, punctured first one 30 minutes into first ride., the second one 8 hours later and had to limp out of the woods because I could not plug it

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will have fun picking out accessories and figuring out how to get the Talon to meet your riding/driving style. Do have fun and be safe, be sure to do a search and find the different mods our users have tried and their recommendations. Yup, tires are a good place to start.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just picked up a new talon today I’m from northern Indiana , I ditched the general 1000 4, sick of belt issues, any recommendations on what to do first with my talon as far as accessories? View attachment 1535
Since winners coming on you'll want to get you the split window from super ATV and the pieces for the lower doors. And also look at the 5,000-lb winch from super ATV synthetic rope wireless remote

·
Registered
20 Posts
Since winners coming on you'll want to get you the split window from super ATV and the pieces for the lower doors. And also look at the 5,000-lb winch from super ATV synthetic rope wireless remote
I'm running 15-in rims for 31-in tires

·
Registered
2021 1000 X
6 Posts
Gotta agree with Ray... winter's a coming, front and rear windows first. I like superatv's flip front windshield. Then, lower doors vs winch vs new tires depending on terrain vs temps.

·
Registered
2020 1000 X 4 Live Valve
2 Posts
Id look into the polaris belt conversion and turbo. No more clanky shifting and an additional 100hp to help toast the belts faster. 🤪
Nice you will love the machine.
First street legal, a good windshield, lower door panels, and mud buster flaps, then 32” beadlock tires then jack and spare tire
That will hold you for a few months!

·
Registered
2020 1000 X 4 Live Valve
2 Posts
Do 32s rub what offset should I run
I have a 1.5” off set on the back and nothing in the front. I thought about doing a .5” offset in the front and doing a 2” in the back but it works fine.
It rubs a tiny about but not enough to worry about it, frankly I just looked because you ask, and it looks like a super small amount of plastic rub is all on the fronts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would say upgrade and any asseries will depend on your riding style, ie......mud, trail, deep water crossing, desert, etc. Me, I ride mud & trails with lots of deep water crossings. So I have 6" portals, 38" tires, 1.5" forward front arched SATV - A arms and I have zero rub so far on 13 straight rides in serious mud holes and no breaks 😳 as of yet (knock on wood)

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do 32s rub what offset should I run
I have 32" Mongrels on 15" wheels with 5+2 offset, 1.5" spacers in the rear, Superatv high clearance A-Arms in front, no rubbing. Outside of the wench, the tires and wheels were my best spent money. Then my flip-up windshield. And Rokblox (with the bigger tires a must). The rest of the add-ons like bed extender, mirrors, whip, lights, mud busters for rear wheel well, fan, were all things that are nice but I could survive without them. Putting on Nerf Bar/Tree kickers this weekend and a back-up camera.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts