Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the sxs world and will have many questions, First I’ve read a lot of comments on tire pressures but most I’ve found are with larger tires, I’m going to go bigger eventually but for now I’m sticking to oem, My question is how low can I go on air in the sand dunes and does lower pressures help the ride on trails that are all wash board? I’m sure these questions have been answered but I’m unable to find them so I apologize in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I’m new to the sxs world and will have many questions, First I’ve read a lot of comments on tire pressures but most I’ve found are with larger tires, I’m going to go bigger eventually but for now I’m sticking to oem, My question is how low can I go on air in the sand dunes and does lower pressures help the ride on trails that are all wash board? I’m sure these questions have been answered but I’m unable to find them so I apologize in advance.
lHi Gravelmanv11, glad you are taking time to rite with the OEM setup before adding larger tires/wheels. That will give you a good baseline to work with. As far as tire pressure, lowering will help a bit with rough roads, again start with small changes -- drop 2 PSI and see how that feels. If you have an inflator with you it could help so that you can try a bit lower and if it looks and feels sloppy you can add a bit of air back. As far is the sand -- I hope some dune riders will join in, as we do not have much sand in Florida. I have run 35s for over 2 years and love them, but the suspension must be upgraded and reduction as well. No worries you are starting the right way and the experience you gain will be very beneficial. Have lots of fun and do be safe! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Watch the video from shock therapy about tire pressure. I'm not saying they are completely right but what they say makes alot of sense. Alot of todays thinking around tire pressures are based on what we learned from jeeps and sand rails. Take a look and see what makes sense to you.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Watch the video from shock therapy about tire pressure. I'm not saying they are completely right but what they say makes alot of sense. Alot of todays thinking around tire pressures are based on what we learned from jeeps and sand rails. Take a look and see what makes sense to you.
:)Hi Timbutzler, please add the link for Gravelmany11. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lHi Gravelmanv11, glad you are taking time to rite with the OEM setup before adding larger tires/wheels. That will give you a good baseline to work with. As far as tire pressure, lowering will help a bit with rough roads, again start with small changes -- drop 2 PSI and see how that feels. If you have an inflator with you it could help so that you can try a bit lower and if it looks and feels sloppy you can add a bit of air back. As far is the sand -- I hope some dune riders will join in, as we do not have much sand in Florida. I have run 35s for over 2 years and love them, but the suspension must be upgraded and reduction as well. No worries you are starting the right way and the experience you gain will be very beneficial. Have lots of fun and do be safe! :)
Found the video it’s very informative, Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I do carry air and tire plugs just in case,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.