Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 6 years of driving a Polaris RZR 1000S, I've seen the light and am in the process of buying a 1000X LV. One of the first things I'd like to upgrade are tires and wheels. What I'm thinking is a 10x30 tire all the way around. What are the pros and cons of a 14" wheel vs. a 15" wheel? I have width constraints with our toy hauler unable to fit anything much wider than a 64" vehicle. I was thinking about a 6+1 or 5+2 offset on all four wheels to make the spare is universal. I would be interested in feed back as to how that setup would affect handling. Would it be wise to go with 1 1/2" wheel spacer in the back?

I've been following the Forum for a few weeks and from what I've read, it seems like I'm joining a great community!

·
Registered
349 Posts
IMO - first thing to spend money on is suspension. first thing I shoulda done on my X.

my buddy just picked up a 2 LVR, been out a few times and stopped up and asked "does yours make you hurt" after a 1/2 hour on the trails.......

·
Registered
42 Posts
6x1 all the way around with 1 1/2 wheel spacers in the rear. 30x10x15 Tensor Regulators for tires is what we have on our 2019 X. Will put at (very close) to stock width. Won't screw up front steering geometry.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Most 14" wheels will clear and you can air them down a bit more for a better ride. I have 15's and may replace them with 14's for that and rock crawling.

6+1, 5+2, 4+3, etc is inaccurate garbage so make sure you check the actual offset.
A true 6+1 is 63mm offset and there is no such thing. Regardless of what you buy, you will be wider than stock...
+50 mm offset with 30x10 tires will make you 65.5" wide
+35 mm offset with 30x10 tires will make you 67" wide
+10 mm offset with 30x10 tires will make you 68.5" wide

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

we went with 32’s on 15” rims with different offsets because I didn’t want to run spacers. The ride got a bit harsher so suspension moved to the top of the list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts