Honda Talon Forum banner

An alternative to Particle separators, Snorkels or other Pre Filters

23K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Pilotom 
#1 ·
For an easy “Pre-Filter” fix I use a Uni offset filter underneath the stock filter.
There is no difference in noise and I’ve noticed no difference in performance.
I cleaned it the first time after I had about 245 miles on it and at that time the factory filter looked brand new.
These pictures are after 468 miles and this was the second time I had cleaned it.
Most of my rides have been in a group of from 6 to 8 rigs and all in the Yuma Desert Area where it is quite dusty.
I also spent one full day at Glamis.
It is kind of a pain to clean, but with a drill/driver it’s not to bad.
I do oil the inside and outside of the Uni filter
when I bought the filter it was $20.21 and I see it’s gone up a couple bucks.

UNI Hi Capacity 2-Stage Pod Filter Angled 6 in 3 in ID Amazon.com: UNI Hi Capacity 2-Stage Pod Filter Angled 6 in 3 in ID: Automotive

UNI FILTER Foam Filter Oil (1) Amazon.com: UNI FILTER Foam Filter Oil (1): Automotive

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
For an easy “Pre-Filter” fix I use a Uni offset filter underneath the stock filter.
I cleaned it the first time after I had about 245 miles on it and at that time the factory filter looked brand new.
These pictures are after 468 miles and this was the second time I had cleaned it.
Most of my rides have been in a group of from 6 to 8 rigs and all in the Yuma Desert Area where it is quite dusty.

UNI Hi Capacity 2-Stage Pod Filter Angled 6 in 3 in ID Amazon.com: UNI Hi Capacity 2-Stage Pod Filter Angled 6 in 3 in ID: Automotive

UNI FILTER Foam Filter Oil (1) Amazon.com: UNI FILTER Foam Filter Oil (1): Automotive
[/QUOTE

will this uni filter work on a 2021 talon x 4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.