Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to make my own roof for a while now and since I do have an aluminum fab shop at my disposal I am wondering how thick and what grade anyone may have used for their roof? Actually I’m thinking I could probably get out of it for less than 100$ so that is great for me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have one of these. It is .10" thick and I wouldn't go much thinner than that or it may rattle...

·
Registered
276 Posts
all - I fabbed my own, .10" as well. used the factory holes to mount but mine is bolted directly to home-made windshield.

if anyone interested, let me know and I will measure up.

pretty easy fab job, shear and bend. I threw a wrap on top and underneath as well and some pseudo spoilers for downforce in the corners:p

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
19PSU,
Please, I would love to have the measurements. I really like yours and have access to a shear and brake. Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
see if this makes sense, I used garden hose rubber washers with the factory roof mounts, just clamped in place, marked the holes from underneath and took off and drilled. I put a 1/4" rubber washer in the back center mount and the aluminum sheet just formed to the curve in the roof.

I did have to to take the piece out of the front where the 7" piece rolls to the roof before bending

good luck

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts