Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1000x 4 Live Valve
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put Kanati Mongrels 30/10-15 on my x4 LV. What kind of pressure should I be running?

Tire shop that mounted them put in 9lbs. Honda says 14-16. Tire sidewalls don't say anything.

I just don't want to screw them up.

·
Registered
391 Posts
GBC website says 910 lbs per tire at 20 psi. That would be about 2 times the weight of your talon so for general riding I would start around 10 psi and go from there.

If you have beadlocks, you should drop to 5-6 psi for rock crawling or sand dunes. If no beadlocks, I would not go lower than 8.

Font Art Eyelash Circle Brand

·
Registered
2021 1000x 4 Live Valve
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GBC website says 910 lbs per tire at 20 psi. That would be about 2 times the weight of your talon so for general riding I would start around 10 psi and go from there.

If you have beadlocks, you should drop to 5-6 psi for rock crawling or sand dunes. If no beadlocks, I would not go lower than 8.

View attachment 3716
Thank You,
I went at 10, and will see how it goes. I can't wait to get her out with the new shoes!
Spent yesterday working on the KWT.
Thanks again

·
Registered
2021 1000x 4 Live Valve
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, we went out to the desert, and I was not happy at all. Prior to leaving, I set tires at 11 PSI. Granted, I was going to go 10, but 40 years driving a truck makes low air pressure a hard pill to swallow.
Anyway, buggy felt really twitchy. Like it was swaying back and forth. The pressure did go up with tire temp, to about 14. I know that seems like a big gain, but it happened. Tire tracks showed I was riding only on the center of the tire.
Dropped the pressure to about 9 or 10, and the ride got MUCH better.
Going out tomorrow again. Took the pressure down to 8.5. We will see how this goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts