Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of Bfgoodrich KM3 Mud Terrain 30x10x15 tires mounted on my stock wheels. Looks great but have no idea what tire pressure to run. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Shock therapy has a good you tube video on tire air pressure. Until I watched it I ran around 10psi. After the video I went to their recommend 16psi. For the hard pack with loose on top desert riding I do 16psi caused me to float and drift way too much. I went back down to their low end of 12 psi and was much better. At 10psi it softens the chop out but screws up proper shock function. 12psi seems to be a good happy medium. Just remember every one has different riding conditions and riding styles. So whatever psi gives you the most driver confidence I would say is best.

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
173 Posts
By "stock rims" I presume you mean that you are running front rims all the way around, and something like 1.5" spacers in back to square it up? I have a set of the same tires, same size but on Method 410 rims (0.5" wider). I tried a variety of pressures before settling on 12 psi. While it might be tempting to go really low pressure for flotation in soft stuff, I often encounter rocks that would destroy a rim at a lower pressure.

By the way, I found these tires to be excellent everywhere except deep sand. I think the traction blocks are to closely spaced to get a bite. I got a second set of Terra Masters which I run in desert sand (during cool months), and I save the BFG's for rocky conditions in the mountains (in summer when the desert is unbearably hot).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.