Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st time owner of a 2021 honda talon 1000r fox lv...wondering what cold air in take and other mods people have and been happy with

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey welcome to the club, I bought my 21 1000x4 LV last month. I've done a ton of reading and after looking at my filter today at 100 miles I highly recommend either a partical seperator or a pre filters. Honda bob, CID and others made some post on DIY versions.

I went with the KWT filter, as it doesn't require pre filters or oiling. It doesn't require any electrical to be ran either, unlike the s&b particle separator.

The stock filters are between $40 and $60 and if you ride in conditions with a lot of dust you're going to want to replace it every couple hundred miles! Mine is nasty after 100 miles, I have a new filter coming in with the kwt particle seperator. Do some searching on the forms and you'll get a couple ideas.

My top mods so far: tree kickers, 5k lb winch, Tractor Supply cargo box, ecoxgear speaker, USB charger in switch panel, rotopax 2 gallon gas can, switch panel, mirrors with lights, full-time backup camera with monitor and a gps/tablet setup mounted to my dash.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
17 Posts
Hey welcome to the club, I bought my 21 1000x4 LV last month. I've done a ton of reading and after looking at my filter today at 100 miles I highly recommend either a partical seperator or a pre filters. Honda bob, CID and others made some post on DIY versions.

I went with the KWT filter, as it doesn't require pre filters or oiling. It doesn't require any electrical to be ran either, unlike the s&b particle separator.

The stock filters are between $40 and $60 and if you ride in conditions with a lot of dust you're going to want to replace it every couple hundred miles! Mine is nasty after 100 miles, I have a new filter coming in with the kwt particle seperator. Do some searching on the forms and you'll get a couple ideas.

My top mods so far: tree kickers, 5k lb winch, Tractor Supply cargo box, ecoxgear speaker, USB charger in switch panel, rotopax 2 gallon gas can, switch panel, mirrors with lights, full-time backup camera with monitor and a gps/tablet setup mounted to my dash.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I like the back up camera. If you don't mind, what are the outer dimensions of the monitor and what clamps did you use to mount it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like the back up camera. If you don't mind, what are the outer dimensions of the monitor and what clamps did you use to mount it?
I am actually out of town for the next 5 days, when I get back home I'll get you some info on it.

Here is the link to the camera and monitor

Camecho RC 12V 24V Car Backup... Amazon.com: Camecho RC 9V - 35V Car Vehicle Rear View Wireless IR Night Vision Backup Camera Waterproof Kit + 7" LCD Monitor Parking Assistance System For Truck / Van / Caravan / Trailers / Camper

I used a metal bracket from the plumbing section at home Depot with a nut and bolt. Works well, doesn't budge I'm really happy with it. Believe it was a 1 3/8", used two. Cut them to size, ran a bolt through, placed the nut and tightened her down. I'd suggest a rubber band of sorts between the pipe hanger and your roll bar. I used a piece of sleeving of sorts to keep it from scratching.

I used the stock mount that came with the camera and mounted it to the rear heat shield above the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
17 Posts
I started with add-ons that protect the machine. Factory UTV front diff skid plate and rock sliders. Honda a arm guards, tree kickers and trailing arm guards. I highly recommend the KWT particle separator, installing it might look intimidating but it's really not that bad.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts