Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a OEM front lower A-Arm bushing on my 2019 Talon X that is bad and causing a rattle. I bought the SuperATV UHMW to replace them. If I do not plan to keep original OEM bushings do I need to remove the C-clip? Can I press them out without removing the clip, or is there an easy way to remove theclip first.
Thanks for the insight, I haven't seen many video on the topic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed the clips (which are a real pain) pressed out the pivot bushing, then had to go back and press out the housing for that pivot bushing. The part the ball rest in.
The 2 piece tool that Super ATV only sells when you buy their complete set, seems like it would have been handy to have. Not sure why they don't sell it, as a stand-alone item, or when you buy a set of their bushings.
Maybe the Super ATV Moderator will kick in on that. But thanks for the video it was helpful!
On a side note the Super ATV UHWM bushings went in very easy!

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
I removed the clips (which are a real pain) pressed out the pivot bushing, then had to go back and press out the housing for that pivot bushing. The part the ball rest in.
The 2 piece tool that Super ATV only sells when you buy their complete set, seems like it would have been handy to have. Not sure why they don't sell it, as a stand-alone item, or when you buy a set of their bushings.
Maybe the Super ATV Moderator will kick in on that. But thanks for the video it was helpful!
On a side note the Super ATV UHWM bushings went in very easy!
I think it does come with the bushing kit....or it definitely should anyway. Not sure why it never made the website. Probably just looked over. I'll bring it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts