Honda Talon Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
28 Posts
After this weekend out at Rasor, I have given up on these as any kind of sand tire! Ordered a set of Terra Masters, but they won't be in stock until the end of the month.

I started out at 10 psi, which gave the radial tires a pretty good bulge at the bottom. But, went back up to 12 psi, because there are rocky outcrops to traverse, but had to drive with care.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If they‘re on beadlocks, you can bag them a lot. 4-5 pounds, depending on how you drive. The lower you go, the better they will do.

·
Registered
142 Posts
This was our big test weekend. I have driven every side by side on the market over the last two years. We've been on many runs with many makes and models. I have a lot of experience with multiple machines. Now bear in mind this is my first run with the Honda Talent In the Dunn's. As an overall 8 day test, I'm was very surprised at how great it did in the sand with no paddles. I was able to go anywhere the paddle cars went, I went everywhere the big sand buggies went, Quads and 2 wheelers. This thing was able to do everything I threw at it. It went up faces that other sxs could not. I never felt underpowered (I am not turbo), never felt too heavy, at no point did I feel like I was going to roll it (don't get me wrong I got close a few times just seeing how hard I could push it) My wife had a few OMG moments, but in the end, she felt very safe in it. By the way, everyone told me I would have to turbo it, after this week I see no need to. it has all the power you need to dune any dune you want to go. Stay tuned for more video this is only one of my from my week in Glamis
Power is a personal preference. Some would be happy with a 40 hp volkswagon. Others can’t get enough power.

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
28 Posts
At 5.5/6 PSI, I would destroy a rim! I never ride purely sand locations like Glamis anymore (got my fill of that in the 90's), so I have to be prepared for a mixed bag of terrain. Everything is a compromise, and I have to opt to be safe in the rocks, rather than wicked in the sand.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Talon X
51 Posts
At 5.5/6 PSI, I would destroy a rim! I never ride purely sand locations like Glamis anymore (got my fill of that in the 90's), so I have to be prepared for a mixed bag of terrain. Everything is a compromise, and I have to opt to be safe in the rocks, rather than wicked in the sand.
I run 8 PSI and our terrain is very rocky. Never had an issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
when I'm not in the sand I mostly run open desert and trails mud rocks little bit of everything, but Depending on how fast I'm running, I run 8 and 9 psi, I have never had a problem,

21 - 28 of 28 Posts