Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve put 500 miles on my Talon R and am having troubles adjusting to the throttle response. It is too sensitive.
When driving on a rocky or cobbly surface, my foot bounces on the pedal just a little bit..each bounce is felt by the throttle and the ride jerks along. It is really annoying..I know..keep my foot steady but when it is rocky, that ain't happening.
Anybody else have this issue or is it "Buck Up" on my part?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was in Colorado for 5 days of riding rocky tough trails and I found if you put your foot a little further up on the petal you can control it fairly easy. I got used to it quick

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ve put 500 miles on my Talon R and am having troubles adjusting to the throttle response. It is too sensitive.
When driving on a rocky or cobbly surface, my foot bounces on the pedal just a little bit..each bounce is felt by the throttle and the ride jerks along. It is really annoying..I know..keep my foot steady but when it is rocky, that ain't happening.
Anybody else have this issue or is it "Buck Up" on my part?
I just put the first 125 miles on my Talon X with much of the ride on the same rocky surfaces you describe, and totally feel your pain! I don’t like having to concentrate on shoving my foot against the center console to try and control the overly sensitive throttle! Can take the fun right outta the ride! Had my wife pretty irritated. Had her saying things like “I like our RZR 900 Trail better”!😳. Between the jerky throttle response and the stiff suspension she was ready to send the Talon packing! Gotta do something about both issues quick!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ride in LOW Auto, and up ship manual, to 2nd and keep it there most the time , it smoothed out for me. the trans is a learning transition and adapts to how you ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts