Honda Talon Forum banner

500 miles and not used to it yet

9K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Makona Kanaka 
#1 ·
I ve put 500 miles on my Talon R and am having troubles adjusting to the throttle response. It is too sensitive.
When driving on a rocky or cobbly surface, my foot bounces on the pedal just a little bit..each bounce is felt by the throttle and the ride jerks along. It is really annoying..I know..keep my foot steady but when it is rocky, that ain't happening.
Anybody else have this issue or is it "Buck Up" on my part?

#3 ·
I ve put 500 miles on my Talon R and am having troubles adjusting to the throttle response. It is too sensitive.
When driving on a rocky or cobbly surface, my foot bounces on the pedal just a little bit..each bounce is felt by the throttle and the ride jerks along. It is really annoying..I know..keep my foot steady but when it is rocky, that ain't happening.
I just put the first 125 miles on my Talon X with much of the ride on the same rocky surfaces you describe, and totally feel your pain! I don’t like having to concentrate on shoving my foot against the center console to try and control the overly sensitive throttle! Can take the fun right outta the ride! Had my wife pretty irritated. Had her saying things like “I like our RZR 900 Trail better”!?. Between the jerky throttle response and the stiff suspension she was ready to send the Talon packing! Gotta do something about both issues quick!

#6 ·
I made a heel rest and it fixed the problem for me. View attachment 187

#7 ·
I feel your pain! I too hated the throttle and suspension when I first got it! (Can’t admit it to my wife! She’s pissed about it already). Asked dealer to adjust both. NO CAN DO they said! I softened suspension myself, but lost ground clearance.?. FYI your sub transmission will be going out soon!???

#12 ·
I had this problem in the beginning, and thought it would never stop, but now I have no problem with it at all. Use your unit more as you get used to using the Talon. You'll be surprised after a while it won't happen anymore. Crazy, but true. Good luck and enjoy your new Talon !!

#13 ·
Hey guys, as I read threw these I think ya i do the same thing ( put my foot against the console for support) and like the heal mount that was posted too. But complaining about the throttle being to responsive I believe isn’t a issue in my eyes as that’s what we all want. I believe it may be the angle of the pedal which I have read about being unforgiving at times. These are my thought and only mine and not trying to dismiss anyone’s opinion 🤘

#14 ·
keep your heal on floor

#16 ·
Sorry, there are a lot of solutions but if you have to go WOT everywhere, then probably a good thing you are getting rid of it. Some lucky person will get a good machine. No worries, and good luck with your sale!:) That is exactly how I ended up with my Talon and in my case only 10 hours -- they traded it for two Seadoos -- go figure?! Hope the high rpms did not harm the motor.

#20 ·
Another contributing factor to the throttle issue is the fact that there is no belt. The clutches slip just a little and then hook up quickly and it is in direct drive instantly. I have driven my son n laws can am and getting use to my talon then in the cam am I feel like the transmission is failing or something with the belt lag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.