Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding with friends in the high desert, fast, tight, twisty trails. I mentioned that I was running in 4WD and was told that I'm asking for a roll-over. Thoughts, comments?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I run mine on mostly tight wooded trails, into open trails then back again. I run 4wd the majority of the time I'm riding especially if I'm hauling ass.

If you know you're going to get loose in the back end and whip it around, leave it in 2wd. You know your machine better than those guys, you know how it feels when riding. There's plenty of times I'm in 4wd and spinning all 4 while drifting sideways (I'm running a turbo and I spin a lot more now than before though).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was riding with friends in the high desert, fast, tight, twisty trails. I mentioned that I was running in 4WD and was told that I'm asking for a roll-over. Thoughts, comments?
LOL. If you were in sand dunes, maybe.
trails, desert... you're not increasing your chances at all. If anything, I would argue that you are reducing your chances because your front end is going to pull thus making you less likely to get tail happy.
I am almost always in 4wd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.