Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not good! We went out on a ride two nights ago for a couple hours came back with no issues at all. My kids wanted to go around the block with their buddies so I took them around one block. Second turn the 4WD light came on. Any one have this issue? The dealer is closed on Monday so I have to wait until Tuesday to take it in. I am hoping they will have it back by Thursday as we have a multi family multi day trip planned.

Have not been able to find anything on line...

·
Registered
2019 Honda Talon X
28 Posts
Likely an electric glitch, try turning the machine off for a 10 mins, then fire back up. If still present disconnect the battery for 10 mins, re connect. 99% chance it goes away (and probably never comes back). Tech goes awry sometimes, and needs to be turned off, and back on. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I called my dealer last week to check and see what the time frame would be and was told "3 days in and out" My wife dropped it off today and I called to follow up and was told that they are "six weeks out if I am lucky but we are tight on space so will try and get it back sooner" Is this normal? That is the rest of the season! I told them I was going to come down and take it back as I do not want it sitting out in 100 plus degree weather for six weeks. Not happy with the dealer customer service. There is a local shop here (Auto works) that installed my Rugged Radio and did an awesome job. I am tempted to pay the couple hundred bucks to have a shop that will get it in and out quicker and not pull a bait and switch.

This is horrible service. I understand people are busy but six weeks? Seems extreme to me.Has any one had any kind of warranty work or dealer service issues?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had already taken it to the dealer. I was weary about having it come on or staying on while out on the trail. The dealer called me yesterday to tell me it was a glitch with the street legal kit. Ugg. Not sure why that would cause something to go wrong but at least it will be fixed...I hope. :unsure:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts