Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey out there all you awesome TALON people!! Considering trading or selling 35 inch Rockzilla stickies. I have 4 inch portals, L&W front n rear high clearance arms n rods. Problem is that on front shock compression in a turn, there is a slight rub. If I drop to 33s, I'm sure clearance isn't an issue. Cant think of a better option as I dont really like the soft compound of the tires.
So my big delimma is what tire gives the best overall performance for hard pack trails, a lil slippery mud (not a bury my machine deep mudder), and some road riding? Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.
Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey out there all you awesome TALON people!! Considering trading or selling 35 inch Rockzilla stickies. I have 4 inch portals, L&W front n rear high clearance arms n rods. Problem is that on front shock compression in a turn, there is a slight rub. If I drop to 33s, I'm sure clearance isn't an issue. Cant think of a better option as I dont really like the soft compound of the tires.
So my big delimma is what tire gives the best overall performance for hard pack trails, a lil slippery mud (not a bury my machine deep mudder), and some road riding? Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.
View attachment 3850
Why not put the SATV forward A-arms on so you can keep the 35s?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the L&Ws not set up the same as SATV? I'm gonna have to do some research. Lol! I also don't like the soft compound of the Zilla stickies. Road ride some n don't want to ruin a good set of tires that someone else could really enjoy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are the L&Ws not set up the same as SATV? I'm gonna have to do some research. Lol! I also don't like the soft compound of the Zilla stickies. Road ride some n don't want to ruin a good set of tires that someone else could really enjoy.
The L&Ws should probably be better quality. The SATV forward-arms just move the wheel base 1.5" forward to clear bigger tires. Don't know how they mate with portals, though.

I think a Talon on 35" Zillas looks awesome but I don't think I'm going bigger than 32s any time soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think the 33" GBC Terra Masters are awesome looking end they're good all-around tires.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think the 33" GBC Terra Masters are awesome looking end they're good all-around tires.

I absolutely love the Terra Masters tires! I personally think they do as good or better than the Zillas. They handle and corner amazing. I run them in East Tenn all the time. I have the Terra Masters in 33" on our Talon R, 32" on our X, and 32" on our YXZ! They are a sticky compound so wear will probably be a lot like the Zillas. I am putting some 33's on our X when I need new tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.