Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to purchase 32x10x15 Terrabite tires for my Talon X 4 Live Valve. Has anyone run them on any Talons (X models, 2 or 4 seaters), with or without aftermarket wheels? My main concern is whether they rub at full steering lock. I currently am running Mohave Rave 32x10x15s and they are great, but are very flat treaded and do rub on the edges, enough to do slight damage, when turned all of the way lock to lock. Any answers to this will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I want to purchase 32x10x15 Terrabite tires for my Talon X 4 Live Valve. Has anyone run them on any Talons (X models, 2 or 4 seaters), with or without aftermarket wheels? My main concern is whether they rub at full steering lock. I currently am running Mohave Rave 32x10x15s and they are great, but are very flat treaded and do rub on the edges, enough to do slight damage, when turned all of the way lock to lock. Any answers to this will be greatly appreciated.
I run the 30" and they have a pretty square tread and very true to size. I understand that the 32's are also true to size and they actually like 32.1" at 12 psi. One of my riding buddies runs 30's on his X4 and they rub slightly so I am very sure 32's will rub badly on an stock X (2 or 4 seater).

Spacing the wheels out or getting 5+2 or 4+3 offsets won't help, it will actually make it worse.

If you really have your heart set on true 32's, you should consider some forward swept front A-Arms.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run the 30" and they have a pretty square tread and very true to size. I understand that the 32's are also true to size and they actually like 32.1" at 12 psi. One of my riding buddies runs 30's on his X4 and they rub slightly so I am very sure 32's will rub badly on an stock X (2 or 4 seater).

Spacing the wheels out or getting 5+2 or 4+3 offsets won't help, it will actually make it worse.

If you really have your heart set on true 32's, you should consider some forward swept front A-Arms.
Thank you for the response. I do have offset wheels and 1 1/2” spacers. I recently put full coverage MudBusters on and, naturally, it rubs just that much more with the thickness of them added to the already slim margin of clearance. I ordered one tire to mount and see. If it rubs, back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The forware 1.5 A arms from SuperATV are what I run and they are super. If you get them recommend ball joints and bushings, makes the install much easier. In addition, I also have SuperATV 4 inch Protals with larger tires they are fantastic.
:)
I’m sure they would take care of my dilemma, but really don’t want to spend that much money to get tires to fit. I just might have to though. Time will tell. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know, I have spent way to much and still adding on! :)
I know, it is never ending, but, for the most part, it is well worth it !! I just don't find it necessary to spend needlessly, if I really don't have to. Actually, I just ordered 3 more Terrabites, so I am committed to whatever it takes. I'll have to mount and try them first, then order A arms if need be.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I ran my 35s for quite a while prior to the portals and it did rub a bit. Same reason just so much money I can spend! Do send pictures and I bet they will work -- you might not have full turning radius without rubbing but I bet you can live with it! :) Part of the adventure is getting you ride the way you like it and mostly your riding style.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem is that my tires rub at full turn now with flat tread 32s. I’m hoping with more rounded tires, it will take care of the problem. Well know soon. I’ll keep you posted

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem is that my tires rub at full turn now with flat tread 32s. I’m hoping with more rounded tires, it will take care of the problem. Well know soon. I’ll keep you posted
Well, I just installed 4 - 32x10x15 Terrabite 10 ply tires on the Talon. What I have noticed is that the handling is much better; the steering is effortless, where it bound up in a turn before; the tire road noise is almost non-existent; the ride quality is much nicer; and the rub is gone when I turn it lock to lock. I do get a very slight rub when I am tilting downward in a hairpin, tight turn with the front suspension compressed, but it is nothing like what I had before. I also need to check the air pressure that the installer put in. I told him 12 lbs, but I forgot to check it when I got home, so who knows what's in them ? I do know that if this is the worst of it, I don't have to worry about tearing anything up when it ever so slightly rubs. So far, I'm a happy camper and feel like I have a new machine in contrast to how it performed, rode and handled before. Lovin' it as always !!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, I just installed 4 - 32x10x15 Terrabite 10 ply tires on the Talon. What I have noticed is that the handling is much better; the steering is effortless, where it bound up in a turn before; the tire road noise is almost non-existent; the ride quality is much nicer; and the rub is gone when I turn it lock to lock. I do get a very slight rub when I am tilting downward in a hairpin, tight turn with the front suspension compressed, but it is nothing like what I had before. I also need to check the air pressure that the installer put in. I told him 12 lbs, but I forgot to check it when I got home, so who knows what's in them ? I do know that if this is the worst of it, I don't have to worry about tearing anything up when it ever so slightly rubs. So far, I'm a happy camper and feel like I have a new machine in contrast to how it performed, rode and handled before. Lovin' it as always !!
Do you still like the tires? Did you mount them on stock wheels?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you still like the tires? Did you mount them on stock wheels?
I really do like the tires a lot. No, I mounted them on aftermarket wheels and am using 1 1/2” spacers all around. They all work very well together. Plus, I installed Super ATV A Arms that extend the front wheels 1 1/2” forward, and that eliminates any rubbing, while adding more ground clearance to the A Arms.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.