Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I know this topic has been discussed a million times but mostly all I can find was about after market wheels. My question is do I need spacers if I run the same size (32x10-15) on the factory rims. I know the rear is different hub to hub. But does the wheel in the rear match to the the front like edge to edge or is the tire what makes it even with the front because of the size difference? Because if you use a spacer in my mind that would push the rear wheel out more and it’s already a different offset than the front

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey guys. I know this topic has been discussed a million times but mostly all I can find was about after market wheels. My question is do I need spacers if I run the same size (32x10-15) on the factory rims. I know the rear is different hub to hub. But does the wheel in the rear match to the the front like edge to edge or is the tire what makes it even with the front because of the size difference? Because if you use a spacer in my mind that would push the rear wheel out more and it’s already a different offset than the front
No, the front wheel to wheel outer edge is a little wider AND the rims in the rear are wider so if you use the same tires front and back on stock wheels, the rear wheel width will be about 1/2" narrower and the tread width will be about 2" narrower than the front.

It will work just fine but be cautioned. The 8" rear rims are a little too wide for a 10" tire and you will tear the rims up because the tires will not protect them as good as a narrower wheel. That is just my experience, YMMV.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the front wheel to wheel outer edge is a little wider AND the rims in the rear are wider so if you use the same tires front and back on stock wheels, the rear wheel width will be about 1/2" narrower and the tread width will be about 2" narrower than the front.

It will work just fine but be cautioned. The 8" rear rims are a little too wide for a 10" tire and you will tear the rims up because the tires will not protect them as good as a narrower wheel. That is just my experience, YMMV.

Gotcha. Thanks Paul. I was hoping you’d respond lol. So do you think 1 inch spacers would be the way to go to get as close to even track width?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotcha. Thanks Paul. I was hoping you’d respond lol. So do you think 1 inch spacers would be the way to go to get as close to even track width?

·
Registered
248 Posts
That would even out your track width but will push those rear wheels out even farther. If you do a lot of riding where there are 12" or bigger rocks, you will tear up the rear wheels pretty quickly.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. Thanks. I’ll see how it looks when I get the tires. I ordered 32x10-15 Kenda Klever X/T. I guess I’ll see how good they are. I had to go to a bigger tire cause there’s not a lot of high speed trails in TN. Lot of rocks and more technical stuff so hopefully they will help

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000R
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the camera is a little angled but the tread is between 1/2 and 3/4 inch right around 2/3rds

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wheel Offset and 'scrub radius' is important. Shock Therapy has an informative article on their web site with details and CAD drawings illustrating dimensional measurement to aid in determining proper offset. Worthwhile to review their info, will help you order the correct rim offset, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts