Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. This is my 1st post but have enjoyed reading through the discussion on the talons. I recently purchased the bandit tender springs front and rear for my 21 1000x4 non live valve and i am questioning the preloads measured from the top of the shock to the locking collar. What i found odd is the 21 has 2.5 inch rear shocks and 2 inch front shocks. I installed the rear with 3 3/4 inch preload and the front with only 2 1/2 inches. Also i had to compress the front springs about an inch to get the seat and snap ring installed. Overall ride height increased by 1 3/4 inches on all corners. Everything i have read talks about 5 inches in front and 4 inches in the back. Has anyone set up their 1000x4 with similar measurements? I apologize if this is answered elsewhere in the forums. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have done the 5 and 4 set up. The ride feels much stiffer but did get the ride height. How’s your ride feel?

Do you know what front snd back preloads were on stock set up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had a chance to take it off road and through the small chop that was harsh, but overall i havent notice much difference yet. Is your 4 and 5 inch preloads on the 1000x4?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't had a chance to take it off road and through the small chop that was harsh, but overall i havent notice much difference yet. Is your 4 and 5 inch preloads on the 1000x4?
it is on the x4.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cant remember where the factory preloads were set to, but how much lift did you gain?
My front was at 15 and back was at 14 now they are 1” less front snd back. I guess they settled a little. The back is 1” lower because I have stock wheels and bigger tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts