Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. This is my 1st post but have enjoyed reading through the discussion on the talons. I recently purchased the bandit tender springs front and rear for my 21 1000x4 non live valve and i am questioning the preloads measured from the top of the shock to the locking collar. What i found odd is the 21 has 2.5 inch rear shocks and 2 inch front shocks. I installed the rear with 3 3/4 inch preload and the front with only 2 1/2 inches. Also i had to compress the front springs about an inch to get the seat and snap ring installed. Overall ride height increased by 1 3/4 inches on all corners. Everything i have read talks about 5 inches in front and 4 inches in the back. Has anyone set up their 1000x4 with similar measurements? I apologize if this is answered elsewhere in the forums. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have done the 5 and 4 set up. The ride feels much stiffer but did get the ride height. How’s your ride feel?

Do you know what front snd back preloads were on stock set up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had a chance to take it off road and through the small chop that was harsh, but overall i havent notice much difference yet. Is your 4 and 5 inch preloads on the 1000x4?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't had a chance to take it off road and through the small chop that was harsh, but overall i havent notice much difference yet. Is your 4 and 5 inch preloads on the 1000x4?
it is on the x4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.