Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with the Live Valve, is your ride harsh/rough? My stock Maverick Trail rode much nicer than my Talon. I’ve read where some guys have gone to Shock Therapy and they re-valved the shocks and installed new springs and it made a huge difference. Does adjusting the spring compression on the stock shocks help at all? Let me know your thoughts/experiences. Other than the harsh ride, I love the Talon so far!
Thanks,
Pikester

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ticster, I’m an idiot when it comes to tuning the suspension. I’m assuming the less preload on the shocks, the softer the ride, correct? I’m installing new tires/spare tire tomorrow, so I’ll grab the spanner wrench and do some adjustments. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you look up shock therapy‘s info on setting the talon ride height. I’m not recommending their revalving or springs they offer, but how you set the ride height is the same on the stock shocks. They tell you how to settle the suspension and where to measure to get the ride height. Just remember to have all passengers, and extra weight in there when measuring the ride height. A lot of people really like the shock therapy system, but having the X, I don’t have but 3 compression adjustments, and no rebound adjustments. That’s why I went with all new shocks. I wanted low and high speed compression as well as rebound adjustments.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For those with the Live Valve, is your ride harsh/rough? My stock Maverick Trail rode much nicer than my Talon. I’ve read where some guys have gone to Shock Therapy and they re-valved the shocks and installed new springs and it made a huge difference. Does adjusting the spring compression on the stock shocks help at all? Let me know your thoughts/experiences. Other than the harsh ride, I love the Talon so far!
Thanks,
Pikester
I have 2021 X Live Valve 2 seater, G-Force in T.N. revalved and added all new springs, I was able to ride Windrock without any back pain, different machine for sure really enjoy riding it now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just installed Tusk Terrabite 30x10x15 on all four and added Tusk spare tire carrier, tusk rear cargo barricade and what a difference that made in the ride!! I’m thinking I don’t need to do anything to the suspension now, as it rides much, much better. I never thought tires would make that big of a difference. I’m sure the extra weight helps as well. Here’s a few pictures. Love this thing!! Ride safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yup, bigger tires always help, and hanging all the weight you can off the back is the best thing you can do to help Honda’s bad center of gravity and balance issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks,
Pikester
I have noticed the more miles I but on it the better the ride. I have both live valve and regular. I think the suspension from the factory is tight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just installed Tusk Terrabite 30x10x15 on all four and added Tusk spare tire carrier, tusk rear cargo barricade and what a difference that made in the ride!! I’m thinking I don’t need to do anything to the suspension now, as it rides much, much better. I never thought tires would make that big of a difference. I’m sure the extra weight helps as well. Here’s a few pictures. Love this thing!! Ride safe!
Great looking ride.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what type of spare tire carrier do you have ?, it looks great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts