Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with the Live Valve, is your ride harsh/rough? My stock Maverick Trail rode much nicer than my Talon. I’ve read where some guys have gone to Shock Therapy and they re-valved the shocks and installed new springs and it made a huge difference. Does adjusting the spring compression on the stock shocks help at all? Let me know your thoughts/experiences. Other than the harsh ride, I love the Talon so far!
Thanks,
Pikester

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ticster, I’m an idiot when it comes to tuning the suspension. I’m assuming the less preload on the shocks, the softer the ride, correct? I’m installing new tires/spare tire tomorrow, so I’ll grab the spanner wrench and do some adjustments. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
33 Posts
For those with the Live Valve, is your ride harsh/rough? My stock Maverick Trail rode much nicer than my Talon. I’ve read where some guys have gone to Shock Therapy and they re-valved the shocks and installed new springs and it made a huge difference. Does adjusting the spring compression on the stock shocks help at all? Let me know your thoughts/experiences. Other than the harsh ride, I love the Talon so far!
Thanks,
Pikester
I have 2021 X Live Valve 2 seater, G-Force in T.N. revalved and added all new springs, I was able to ride Windrock without any back pain, different machine for sure really enjoy riding it now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just installed Tusk Terrabite 30x10x15 on all four and added Tusk spare tire carrier, tusk rear cargo barricade and what a difference that made in the ride!! I’m thinking I don’t need to do anything to the suspension now, as it rides much, much better. I never thought tires would make that big of a difference. I’m sure the extra weight helps as well. Here’s a few pictures. Love this thing!! Ride safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks,
Pikester
I have noticed the more miles I but on it the better the ride. I have both live valve and regular. I think the suspension from the factory is tight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just installed Tusk Terrabite 30x10x15 on all four and added Tusk spare tire carrier, tusk rear cargo barricade and what a difference that made in the ride!! I’m thinking I don’t need to do anything to the suspension now, as it rides much, much better. I never thought tires would make that big of a difference. I’m sure the extra weight helps as well. Here’s a few pictures. Love this thing!! Ride safe!
Great looking ride.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what type of spare tire carrier do you have ?, it looks great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks,
Pikester
I brought mine home on Tuesday and have noticed the same harsh ride. Odd though- All the reviews on the suspension I read were nothing short of stellar. I came from a wildcat XX which smoothed out the biggest of bumps but couldn't help breaking too often. Love my Talon so far but would love to improve the ride quality.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I brought mine home on Tuesday and have noticed the same harsh ride. Odd though- All the reviews on the suspension I read were nothing short of stellar. I came from a wildcat XX which smoothed out the biggest of bumps but couldn't help breaking too often. Love my Talon so far but would love to improve the ride quality.
The 30” tires,spare tire/mount and storage box in the back helped quite a bit, to the point I’m not going to mess with the suspension.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We revalved & resprung both the R live valve, as well as the non live valve QS3.. COMPLETELY different cars, both in trail comfort & ability to eat bit terrain at speed..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts