Honda Talon Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
At least you get updates and notifications. I never hear anything from my dealership. My old dealership closed it's doors and had to try a new one. I did call and text my salesman often, but got the impression that I was being a pain. I over heard a comment on his phone cause the call wasn't completely hung up. Anyway, I haven't called or heard anything for 3 weeks. Very frustrating. I call other dealerships and I get more information from them than I do from where I put my money down payment on. Sad really. If you don't mind me asking but what dealership are you going through?? And I have been looking and there is a place, I believe it is called Forest Park Honda. They have had already 2 2022 Talon 1000R in already, one was a order and sold, one is in stock and still for sale. Let me know any information, if you have any, about arrival dates and what ever else would be news worthy. Thanks,. JOE

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dealership is Bridgeport Equipment and Tools, I went with them since I thought maybe no one would check there, (I was right) since most of the equipment I’ve ever seen there is John Deere. But they have 11 different locations. If I get any specific dates, I’ll definitly post it on here for everyone. My dealer did tell me that the 2 seaters most likely would be coming out first, so they may be out already there. I was told they only had 3 units available also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same here, mate. Still awaiting a call :)
My father went to buy a x4 live valve from a local dealer yesterday because they randomly had 1. They told him the base price of the unit was $24,599 then they forcefully added some upgrades as the dealer said he already bought them, and they had to go with the unit. Long story short by the time he was signing papers, they had the price up to around $42,000 lololol. He told them to keep it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My father went to buy a x4 live valve from a local dealer yesterday because they randomly had 1. They told him the base price of the unit was $24,599 then they forcefully added some upgrades as the dealer said he already bought them, and they had to go with the unit. Long story short by the time he was signing papers, they had the price up to around $42,000 lololol. He told them to keep it.
Also they let us “test drive” it, if you can call it that. They took us to a fenced in area that was at max 40ftx 60ft and said no hot-rodding lol. How would you hot-rod something in that small of an area even. We would’ve gone through the fence at quarter throttle lol. Also we found funny, the salesman put on a helmet and climbed in the back for us to test it, in a fenced in area haha…..ridiculous.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So dealer called today and I was told July 29th. I was hoping for beginning of July though.
I'm sorry to hear that. I called my dealership and he told me that it's on his list to arrive this week after the 4th. of July. It's the 7th. today and I am still waiting for the call. I just don't understand why the wait, cause so many other dealerships have both models in stock on their showroom floors waiting to be sold and we are still waiting for mine and yours too come in . I will let you know if I finally received my call from the dealership. Hope and pray.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. I called my dealership and he told me that it's on his list to arrive this week after the 4th. of July. It's the 7th. today and I am still waiting for the call. I just don't understand why the wait, cause so many other dealerships have both models in stock on their showroom floors waiting to be sold and we are still waiting for mine and yours too come in . I will let you know if I finally received my call from the dealership. Hope and pray.
I wish you luck, I found another dealer, and preordered a second 4 seat talon for my father. They said 17th on his somehow lol. I think he may receive his before I receive mine lol. When I get mine I will also let you know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I called my Honda dealership and talked to w salesman and I am starting to think that they are just stringing me along. Honestly they don't know any more than we do. Dealerships are just as frustrated as the rest of us. Anyway, they told me know that the Talon is suppose to arrive in July. Well that could be July 1, which won't happen, or could mean July 31. So I went and took matters in my own hand. I found a 2022 Honda Talon, one exactly what I pre ordered, in New Hampshire for sale on their showroom floor. So I called, put a deposit down on it over the phone, filled out a credit application on line through the dealerships website and was approved. I put half down in cash, financing the rest. Long story short, rt now it's Sunday July 11 evening, sitting in the parking lot of the dealership waiting for it to open Monday morning at 9am. to pick up my brand new Talon 1000R, cause I am tired of waiting. And I was told by many a dealerships that some of them are not getting a Talon in until the end of August. So, once tomorrow morning arrives and Talon is in my possession I will send you some pictures. CAN'T WAIT. Talk to y'all tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh, by the way. It was a little more than a 9 hour drive one way for me from Western New York to Manchester New Hampshire.
Oh wow, hope everything works out for you without issues. I’m supposed to call tomorrow and see what’s going on with the second talon I put a deposit on, and the first one I put a deposit on told me July 29th, so I hope they both come through on it. It would be nice to pick them both up at the same time lol but I doubt that will happen. I’ll be looking forward to some pics of it! Drive safe and have a nice trip!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh wow, hope everything works out for you without issues. I’m supposed to call tomorrow and see what’s going on with the second talon I put a deposit on, and the first one I put a deposit on told me July 29th, so I hope they both come through on it. It would be nice to pick them both up at the same time lol but I doubt that will happen. I’ll be looking forward to some pics of it! Drive safe and have a nice trip!
Well after a long wait, success. I finally have a 2022 Honda Talon 1000R and it is very sweet. The Talon is one awesome looking sport S×S. I will see if I can send some pictures for everyone. Well, being computer illiterate at the moment I don't know how to send pictures. But I will look into it or find someone that knows how. Guys and Gals you will definitely not be disappointed. The Talon is worth the wait, but if you happen to find one, you might want to consider going and get it. Talons will be made in limited numbers and you may have to wait longer than you would like. Just saying.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well after a long wait, success. I finally have a 2022 Honda Talon 1000R and it is very sweet. The Talon is one awesome looking sport S×S. I will see if I can send some pictures for everyone. Well, being computer illiterate at the moment I don't know how to send pictures. But I will look into it or find someone that knows how. Guys and Gals you will definitely not be disappointed. The Talon is worth the wait, but if you happen to find one, you might want to consider going and get it. Talons will be made in limited numbers and you may have to wait longer than you would like. Just saying.
I probably would look into finding one again, but they charged me $500 deposit on both of them, so I’ve already invested $1000 on them. I’m not in a major rush per-say but I would like to actually get it on the dates I’m told I would. If you took pictures on your phone, you can login to this with your phone then hit the paperclip up top and then add a photo to it.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts