Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I Just got back from Glamis for New Years Talon Did great! Honda did an Awesome Job just need more Go Juice. I’m definitely looking to add more Power any feed back on Turbo Kit would be great.
- Kraftworks vs Jackson Racing -

Currently Running :

Trinity Full exhaust
Apex Mirrors
Dyno Jet Tuner
RaceCo Full cage
RaceCo Spare Tire Mount
RaceCo Front-Rear Bumpers
RaceCo Pivot A-Arm Braces
RaceCo Pivot Trailing Arm Braces
RaceCo Shock Tower Braces
RaceCo Door Inserts
HCR Full Long Travel
Demon Race Axles
Rigid Industries LED 360 Pods
Rigid Industries Adapt Bar
Rigid Industries Chase Light
Rigid Industries Rock Lights

Attachments

· Registered
80 Posts
Hello everyone I Just got back from Glamis for New Years Talon Did great! Honda did an Awesome Job just need more Go Juice. I’m definitely looking to add more Power any feed back on Turbo Kit would be great.
- Kraftworks vs Jackson Racing -

Currently Running :

Trinity Full exhaust
Apex Mirrors
Dyno Jet Tuner
RaceCo Full cage
RaceCo Spare Tire Mount
RaceCo Front-Rear Bumpers
RaceCo Pivot A-Arm Braces
RaceCo Pivot Trailing Arm Braces
RaceCo Shock Tower Braces
RaceCo Door Inserts
HCR Full Long Travel
Demon Race Axles
Rigid Industries LED 360 Pods
Rigid Industries Adapt Bar
Rigid Industries Chase Light
Rigid Industries Rock Lights

Sweet ride. I've had mine a little over a year and we've done most of our riding at Glamis. Didn't intend to spend so much time there but there's nothing else like it! There's only a few times per trip that I REALLY wish I had more power. I can't decide whether to do long-travel or turbo/engine build first.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

· Registered
101 Posts
for what you are doing id use the kraft works. the aftercooler is in a better place. you will always be wanting more tho. im at 18 lbs of boost with over 4300 miles on normal trail , flat track, and mudding. get pistons at same time as turbo tho. the stock ones dont hold up well. i cracked mine very quickly. only thing i have broken because of the horse power is one of the shafts in the tcase. but lots of jumping and what not is what i figure caused it.

· Registered
30 Posts
I’m on my second season in Glamis and my son is on his third season both with a Jackson Racing Turbo. We installed the turbo kit ourselves and have not had one issue. Our motors are stock so we don’t go above the set 8 pounds of boost. But that gives us a reliable 60+ more horsepower.
I don’t know if other turbo manufacturers tune the transmission in addition to the motor like Jackson Racing does which I think is key for performance in the dunes.

· Registered
11 Posts
Highly recommend the Kraft Werks turbo kit. I am very pleased with the power increase. It was very easy to install. Only issue is the tune. The one supplied only gets you going. If you want it to run like a bat out of hell you have to get the tune from PPEI. they charge for it but the whole thing is still cheaper than the Jackson kit.
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

· Registered
7 Posts
Talon 4 fabbed R conversion with HCR R long travel suspension. Shocks and Live Valve ecu from a 22 donor car so operational LV with 21" of travel. Car is a Jackson Turbo with a one-off CF intercooler scoop that I made to allow more air to the factory Jackson I/C.

Other then some BOV flutter the Jackson stuff has been perfect.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts