Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have steering issues. Low RPM turns power-steering goes away. Touch throttle and it comes back 2nd Trip to reputable Honda Dealership. They have no answers except running 32 inch tires can cause this. Im not buying it I know many folks with 4 seat running 32's with not steering issues. If I run high front tire pressure it helps but does not cure the problem.

Any one have any know fixes for this issue?

·
Registered
67 Posts
needs to be hooked up to the honda computer to see what the temp is on the motor. if it is reading hot it will turn down the power so it dont overheat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
needs to be hooked up to the honda computer to see what the temp is on the motor. if it is reading hot it will turn down the power so it dont overheat
Never above 2 bars. I will ask Honda shop tomorrow. It does it cold.

·
Registered
276 Posts
what machine, 2 or 4? there are some 4 seaters that have wiring rubbing early on giving troubles

check all grounds, battery connections and connectors at power steering unit.....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Perhaps this has something to do with going over 30 inch tires? Perhaps the factory or the designers knew something about the extra steering effort to turn the larger tire? And that it might affect the power steering?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
170 Posts
So I have steering issues. Low RPM turns power-steering goes away. Touch throttle and it comes back 2nd Trip to reputable Honda Dealership. They have no answers except running 32 inch tires can cause this. Im not buying it I know many folks with 4 seat running 32's with not steering issues. If I run high front tire pressure it helps but does not cure the problem.

I have a 2020 4 LV and the same thing happens. Try it with your stock tires and wheels, I did, and it went away. I simply put up with it because I would rather have the added ground clearance that I get with the 32’s. I did go to more rounded 32” tires from what I originally had placed on it and it made a tremendous improvement in the power steering.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Check your battery buddy of mine power steering was in and out one day we were riding got a new battery and fixed it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check your battery buddy of mine power steering was in and out one day we were riding got a new battery and fixed it.
This Crap about the dealer says about 32” tires drives me Crazy but they sell them at the dealership!!! But when there’s an issue they blame it on the after markets we put on!!

·
Registered
39 Posts

I have 30" tires but never had power steering issue with 2,500 miles...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts