Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1000X4 Live Valve, on order
9 Posts
Ru-Roh. I am too! As long as were both not 1st on the list at the same store...:)

·
Premium Member
2020 Talon X
25 Posts
I'm "supposedly" first on list also in Macon, GA for 2021 X-4. Been having deposit on it for a while, supposed to be here in next 2 weeks but we'll see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i put my deposit down in Knoxville in January and just picked it up, the ship date from Honda changed four times during that time, dealership now says every talon they have allocated for 2021 has deposits on it. The car sure drives nice in the little time I have had to put around the property

·
Registered
1000X4 Live Valve, on order
9 Posts
Holy cr*p. I hope that is not the case with those of us on the 'you're next on the list, first in line' list. I wish Honda and the dealers were more transparent and honest with delivery dates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Holy cr*p. I hope that is not the case with those of us on the 'you're next on the list, first in line' list. I wish Honda and the dealers were more transparent and honest with delivery dates.
The dealer I worked with was very upfront on the process, what the dealer can't really do anything about is he factory changing ship dates around because of supply chain problems with getting parts to complete the builds. Either way there is clearly a huge demand for Talons in the US..

·
Premium Member
2020 Talon X
25 Posts
i put my deposit down in Knoxville in January and just picked it up, the ship date from Honda changed four times during that time, dealership now says every talon they have allocated for 2021 has deposits on it. The car sure drives nice in the little time I have had to put around the property
When did it come in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
how long ago did you put your deposit and when did they tell you it was supposed to be in? I'm just preparing myself not to get to mad when they tell me some bs lol
When i put the deposit down in early January they said that there was one due in mid February and they showed me the order paperwork from Honda and the ship date, as we got closer to the ship date Honda changed the date, this happened a couple more times, each time the sales person immediately texted me the change to let me know. The last time it changed it was earlier than the time before and the car arrived about 6 days after that posted ship date.

This is not the dealers fault its just a reality of both supply chain problems due to COVID but also the factory cant keep up with the demands of recreational vehicles with people not traveling much on vacation. The other local Honda dealers here in my area quoted a friend of mine a 5-6 month lead time but who knows how realistic that really is.

·
Premium Member
2020 Talon X
25 Posts
When i put the deposit down in early January they said that there was one due in mid February and they showed me the order paperwork from Honda and the ship date, as we got closer to the ship date Honda changed the date, this happened a couple more times, each time the sales person immediately texted me the change to let me know. The last time it changed it was earlier than the time before and the car arrived about 6 days after that posted ship date.

This is not the dealers fault its just a reality of both supply chain problems due to COVID but also the factory cant keep up with the demands of recreational vehicles with people not traveling much on vacation. The other local Honda dealers here in my area quoted a friend of mine a 5-6 month lead time but who knows how realistic that really is.
I hope thats not the case, if mines get moved I'm gonna just find one wherever and drive further to get it. Theres a lot of shops supposedly getting 1 or 2 soon but I'm not putting deposits at multiple dealerships. Did you get live valve or standard?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Placed a pre order on mine about 2 weeks ago, being told it'll arrive around may 11th. Hoping the dealer and honda are holding true to dates. Fingers crossed, dealers in Ohio.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts