Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice looking machine!!
I think this is the first 1000R SE I've seen.
I was skeptical about the look of SE's urban camo at first, but it has really grown on me after I picked up my 1000X-4 SE. Good choice!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking machine!!
I think this is the first 1000R SE I've seen.
I was skeptical about the look of SE's urban camo at first, but it has really grown on me after I picked up my 1000X-4 SE. Good choice!!
I wasn't sold on the color scheme as well but when I saw it in person, It was a no brainer. There is not another one like it were I ride. All ready installed 32"s and waiting on the turbo!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wasn't sold on the color scheme as well but when I saw it in person, It was a no brainer. There is not another one like it were I ride. All ready installed 32"s and waiting on the turbo!!
I also added the Jackson turbo along with the S&B particle separator, the rugged radio/intercom, some additional driving lights, and lighted whips for the sand dunes.
Very happy so far.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Awesome! Did you have to modify the particle separator to work with the Jackson turbo?
Yes, I had to modify the Jackson air box (opening up the inlet) to help it to align with the particle separator, I modified the particle separator "outlet" slightly with a heat gun and also had to modify the talon plastic "firewall" with a heat gun - this was all to get everything to align using a rubber toilet plunger as the interface... actually seems to seal pretty well...

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oregon Sand dunes (Florence Oregon) - haven't had the turbo on it at Florence yet, but it did pretty well without.
I always like more power in the sand though...
Now that's some engineering! I was stationed in North Bend/ Coos Bay back in 04' and rode my KDX220 and Raptor 660 on the Dunes every chance I could get. Beautiful area for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts