Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info on the “Special Editions” coming out? All black with camo print? From what I can find it is a LV with a ton of Honda OEM accessories thrown on and a sticker price to match?

I guess Honda released the info to dealers a few weeks ago?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone have any info on the “Special Editions” coming out? All black with camo print? From what I can find it is a LV with a ton of Honda OEM accessories thrown on and a sticker price to match?

I guess Honda released the info to dealers a few weeks ago?
Personally I feel for the price they're asking, not worth it for me. I would sooner pick my own parts from third parties and put them on myself and end up saving money.

The dealership at which I have a deposit down on a 21 live valve tried to talk me into upgrading to the special edition. Really not a big fan of the color scheme either, but teach their own of course. Some people may love it, just a bit of a hefty price tag.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2021 X-4 on order and my dealer recommended the Special Edition as well - the price was higher, but with the China crap making it difficult to get one in any reasonable time, the fact I would probably be adding all those option anyway, and I wasnt a big fan of the white I decided to go that route. The blacked out (and camo) looks much better that the white in my mind, but how it looks in person is the real question...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 2021 X-4 on order and my dealer recommended the Special Edition as well - the price was higher, but with the China crap making it difficult to get one in any reasonable time, the fact I would probably be adding all those option anyway, and I wasnt a big fan of the white I decided to go that route. The blacked out (and camo) looks much better that the white in my mind, but how it looks in person is the real question...
Tbh I wasn't a huge fan of the white either, until I picked it up. Pics don't do it justice, it's a beaut!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My understanding is it's all black, but I haven't seen one in person yet...still waiting for mine to come in.
According to the info ( a press release? ) I can find on the SE interior - it's blacked out;
it’s all wrapped up in TrueTimber Viper Urban Camo graphics, and with blacked-out doors, wheels, and interior.

·
Registered
32 Posts
According to the info ( a press release? ) I can find on the SE interior - it's blacked out;
it’s all wrapped up in TrueTimber Viper Urban Camo graphics, and with blacked-out doors, wheels, and interior.
I saw my first actual Special Edition - it was a 2 seater sitting in a dealership near my home - looked ready for delivery, but when I returned for a closer look later it was gone. Looked pretty good for the quick look I got.
My 1000X-4 is supposed to be at a distribution warehouse waiting for a steering column recall (???). Anyone know what the recall includes?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got mine today, Pretty happy so far, smells like a new engine. Steering Wheel was clocked about 30 degrees left ( no big deal )

Chasing down wiring tomorrow to find winch relay and key power. Install seat jumper and inspect harness behind pax seat.

Time to mod it up

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got mine today, Pretty happy so far, smells like a new engine. Steering Wheel was clocked about 30 degrees left ( no big deal )

Chasing down wiring tomorrow to find winch relay and key power. Install seat jumper and inspect harness behind pax seat.

Time to mod it up
Are you happy with SE package? (Accessories, winch, camo, lightbar, etc, etc). I know what we see in pics vs actual can differ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, I am happy with it. I got the steering wheel fixed, put in the seat jumper. Have not had a chance to trace down the wiring for extra battery and relay panel.

Overall I am very happy

·
Registered
26 Posts
One thing I haven't figured out is how to remove hood trim to access electronics with out having to remove windshield.

Anyone know how to quickly remove wind shield

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine came in over the weekend and I just pick it today.
First thing I did (after a short breakin) was to put on the sand tires and head to the dunes...
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

the weekend was awesome and the Talon performed very well, even without the turbo installed - which is going to be installed this week
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts