Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2021 Live valve. Has about 500 miles on it. I notice sometimes when i shift into H gear, it says its in gear and I slowly try to take off and it like slams into gear. I checked the cable adjustment and it seems to be fine from what I have read and videos ive watched. Does anyone else have this issue? Only seems to do it going into high gear from what I can tell. I do have the CA shift gate but it done it before even installing that. Should I let it warm up a little bit before taking off or is that not necessary? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My live valve 2021 would do the same thing in low. To stop it I would hold the shift lever hard into the gear when I first shifted and started moving. It’s no longer an issue since I’ve crossed 1500 miles.

My understanding is the issue is due to straight cut gears and just not meshing well on edge when new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine also did it for the first time today. Wasn’t a hard slam but it showed in gear but it was cold as I had just started it an always let it warm up first but not today. My question is how many slams before something gives or shears off inside?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts