Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased our new Talon and put the first 100 miles on it. Mechanically it seems to be very sound. The suspension performs well and overall this machine is a lot of fun! If you are going to purchase one of these machines, cosmetically, there are a couple of things you may want to look at.

At about 50 miles the hard top roof broke loose at the mount just above the rearview mirror. This was after some pretty easy trail riding. The dealership had no idea why this occurred but did agree to replace it.

At approximatley 60 miles the decals on the passenger side began to lift off. Dealer agreed to replace these as well and have already made 1 attempt. I received a call from the service department and was told that it was a difficult process. Their first attempt was not successful and they will order more decals an try again. I suggested ordering a new door but was told that it would be too expensive for them.

I had lower doors installed both front and rear. I think that it was the first time the technician had attempted this install and it was a real butcher job. Instead of seperating the inner and outer door shells the tech simply made all the cuts from the outside. As a result I had a few 1 1/2" rough cuts exposed on all four doors. Obviouisly this was not a factory issue but in the future if I add other accessories I will ask appropriate questions to ensure the tech understands the how to install correctly.

Simple stuff that can all be fixed. Interested to know if anyone else has had the roof or decal issue?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sorry you have had these problem. No issues with the roof or decals here. Ours still has the stock roof on while we are waiting on the new ABF Manufacturing cage build to be complete. Lots of hours around a short course track and it is still fully attached. Decals also. Decals will get pulled as soon as our Wrap arrives from SSI Decals. Trying to get this thing ready. First race of the TexPlex series is Feb 20th.

Lower door inserts from JSportSXS took me about 10 minutes to install in the garage. Do not remember them requiring any cutting. Think I would find a new place for future installs.

Enjoy your Talon.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Washing the machine with a high pressure washer can peel decals off or at least start them lifting around the edges. (Please don't ask me how I know) Sounds like a manufacturing defect in the top bracket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Washing the machine with a high pressure washer can peel decals off or at least start them lifting around the edges. (Please don't ask me how I know) Sounds like a manufacturing defect in the top bracket.
Thanks for the heads-up on pressure washer. Have not had the chance to wash mine yet but I'll do it by hand. The dealer agrees with you on the roof bracket- manufactuing devect and they are replacing it for us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry you have had these problem. No issues with the roof or decals here. Ours still has the stock roof on while we are waiting on the new ABF Manufacturing cage build to be complete. Lots of hours around a short course track and it is still fully attached. Decals also. Decals will get pulled as soon as our Wrap arrives from SSI Decals. Trying to get this thing ready. First race of the TexPlex series is Feb 20th.

Lower door inserts from JSportSXS took me about 10 minutes to install in the garage. Do not remember them requiring any cutting. Think I would find a new place for future installs.

Enjoy your Talon.
Thanks for the response. The original dealer is correcting the defects and installation errors and I've taken your advice and already found a new place for future service and installs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.