Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Took me about 5 months, starting last June, to find one. I had deposits on 3 of them in Montana and Idaho for months. All 3 dragged on and on and wound up well overdue from their original ship dates. Not sure if two of them ever came in, but I did actually get a call last week that one of them was available!

In November, and up against our deadline to leave for Baja, I basically checked every dealer between the Canadian and Mexican borders, as that was our route. I found one in San Diego (Motoworld of El Cajon). Even got a discount from list price! Very easy to work with and it worked out perfectly, picking it up the day we crossed the border.

And, when I picked it up, they had a second new RLV sitting there and available!

Best of luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know of a new 2021 Talon 1000R FLV available at a dealer here in Wisconsin that they have had for some time now. The 1000X's are much more popular in Wisconsin as they must have at all times a width of not more than 65 inches as measured laterally between the outermost wheel rim on each side of the vehicle, exclusive of tires, mirrors, and accessories that are not essential to the vehicle's basic operation.

Just how willing to travel are you?

Good Luck!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sparks, are you saying the state of Wisconsin is now 65" max width on all trails? I have been there for few years, but if true, good to know. Would hate to buy my stick and drive all the way there and not be able to ride.

·
Registered
122 Posts
thanks for heads up. We used to ride up by Cable / Drummond but they had some trails that were getting marked 50" a few years back. Have been riding mostly out west where width is not an issue and now they are shutting stuff down in places.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts