Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a strange question, but i was thumbing through fluid capacities in the owners manual for my 1000X-4 and discovered that the front final drive requires 13.4oz (0.41 qt) and the rear final drive requires 3.9oz (pages 155 & 157) of fluid.
Regardless of what the owners manual says, I will fill it till the fluid is level with the fill plug hole. I think the rear capacity listed in the owners manual is a error. Does anyone else's owners manual say the same thing? Is this a typo?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I know this is a strange question, but i was thumbing through fluid capacities in the owners manual for my 1000X-4 and discovered that the front final drive requires 13.4oz (0.41 qt) and the rear final drive requires 3.9oz (pages 155 & 157) of fluid.
Regardless of what the owners manual says, I will fill it till the fluid is level with the fill plug hole. I think the rear capacity listed in the owners manual is a error. Does anyone else's owners manual say the same thing? Is this a typo?
The manual is correct. If you fill it till it comes out the filler hole, you will have WAY too much in it and it will puke out the breather.

There are 3 plugs on the rear, the large top one is to fill, the small bottom one is to drain and the small middle one is where to check the level.

Font Automotive lighting Engineering Auto part Automotive window part

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The manual is correct. If you fill it till it comes out the filler hole, you will have WAY too much in it and it will puke out the breather.

There are 3 plugs on the rear, the large top one is to fill, the small bottom one is to drain and the small middle one is where to check the level.

View attachment 3022
This makes sense. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts