Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is I hear a clicking noise in the back when I’m turning on a hard surface
I see that a lot of people replace there axles but with only 650 miles on mine should I replace them?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have not seen a ton of posts of axles being replaced other than those that have thousands of miles on them.

if it is actually the axle, by chance is the ride still under warranty? if so let dealer deal with?

there were some posts I believe from PaulF that the Rhino axles were clicking in very short time compared to the stock OEM axles after being replaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not seen a ton of posts of axles being replaced other than those that have thousands of miles on them.

if it is actually the axle, by chance is the ride still under warranty? if so let dealer deal with?

there were some posts I believe from PaulF that the Rhino axles were clicking in very short time compared to the stock OEM axles after being replaced.
Thank you for your reply but unfortunately no warranty it doesn’t seem to do it all the time.
Just curios of what other people have experienced with there’s.

·
Registered
2020 R
34 Posts
My R does this all the time. probably started when yours did and I've got 1600 miles on it now. I don't think its a big issue I remember members on here or the other Honda forum digging into it and it was the rear end binding up and releasing making the axle click. On dirt it doesn't do it only on hard surfaces. I've heard replacing with Honda axles doesn't really help sometimes a better axle fixes it but I haven't worried about fixing it yet.

·
Super Moderator
335 Posts
Agree with @JS45 above. It seems to be pretty common, and nobody really has figured out what is binding and where. Everybody just pretty much learns to accept it.

Wouldn't hurt to have spare axles ready to go though. Since yours are out of warranty, you could always replace with the 2.0's with a good warranty and keep your stock axles as replacements if need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,
I have seen this before on polaris gear and it was caused by the lack of grease on the splines between the CVs outer shaft and the hub. Just remove the hub, lube splines and re-assemble.

cj

Hoping to be a Talon owner soon!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All,
I have seen this before on polaris gear and it was caused by the lack of grease on the splines between the CVs outer shaft and the hub. Just remove the hub, lube splines and re-assemble.

cj

Hoping to be a Talon owner soon!
Thank you for your input greatly appreciated I may try that thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts