Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the manual it says its a dealer fix when the fuel gauge is off.
I am new to the Talon club and notice 1 bar showing on fuel gauge and tank is full. Easy fix or just forget about it, haha

Thanks in advace
Don
Midwest, Mo

· Registered
402 Posts
In the manual it says its a dealer fix when the fuel gauge is off.
I am new to the Talon club and notice 1 bar showing on fuel gauge and tank is full. Easy fix or just forget about it, haha

Thanks in advace
Don
Midwest, Mo
You need to be more specific. The gauge has self-diagnostics and will display a certain pattern when the key is turned on. Once we determine the pattern/problem, then we can start looking at the cause...

Turn on the key and observe...
  • Normal operating should initially read full and then drop to the current fuel level after a few seconds. If full, it should continue to read full.
  • Open Circuit will start in the middle, gradually fill then gradually go to empty (see [1] below)...
  • Short Circuit will start at Full and Empty, gradually fill to the center then gradually disappear until empty (see [2] below)...

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reposnding so quickly.
The gauge is slightly difficult to read. The bars I believe show full and then work the way down to empty( 1 bar). In pic.
There looks to be a code as well

After checking it out and taking it on the first drive. It seems to have a safety cut out at 5000rpm. Revs very well in neutral. In gear driving soon as it gets to 5-5.5 it limits or cuts out . Starts and idles excellent .
Checked all fluids and air filter . seems like a safety deal.

thanks
Don

Attachments

· Registered
402 Posts
The gauge is slightly difficult to read. The bars I believe show full and then work the way down to empty( 1 bar). In pic.

After checking it out and taking it on the first drive. It seems to have a safety cut out at 5000rpm. Revs very well in neutral. In gear driving soon as it gets to 5-5.5 it limits or cuts out . Starts and idles excellent .

thanks
Don
Is your seatbelt buckled?

· Registered
402 Posts

thanks
Don
I just looked closer at the pic. It shows the engine running and the tank is full, not empty. The lowest mark is colored red so maybe to you it looks empty. Drive it for a while and you will see the indicators at the top disappearing one by one a fuel is used. Nothing looks wrong to me.

As far as not going over 5000 RPM, there is a seatbelt safety switch that only allows 15 MPH unless the seatbelt is buckled.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is your seatbelt buckled?
How awesome, just buckled my seatbelt and thing runs great :). Can u believe I’m an engineer, yeah I feel dumb.

would it be bad to try to disconnect the battery cable for a minute to see if it clears the fuel gauge error.
last owner have have run it really low or out of fuel and float got stuck.

Thanks again
Don

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How awesome, just buckled my seatbelt and thing runs great :). Can u believe I’m an engineer, yeah I feel dumb.

would it be bad to try to disconnect the battery cable for a minute to see if it clears the fuel gauge error.
last owner have have run it really low or out of fuel and float got stuck.

Thanks again
Don
I just looked closer at the pic. It shows the engine running and the tank is full, not empty. The lowest mark is colored red so maybe to you it looks empty. Drive it for a while and you will see the indicators at the top disappearing one by one a fuel is used. Nothing looks wrong to me.

As far as not going over 5000 RPM, there is a seatbelt safety switch that only allows 15 MPH unless the seatbelt is buckled.
I will drive it for awhile and post back after 1 fuel bar drops. Thanks man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.