Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys... just a few questions

I am looking into buying the 2020/2021 talon 1000r. Picking from these two I’ve did a lot of reading and can’t seem to decide. Is the fox live suspension worth the extra $$$.

Background: I have only ever been a RZR owner with that being said I am looking at either a talon 1000r or the 2020 RZR xp 1000 turbo.

From all the owners of prior SXS, would you say that the Honda 1000r is well worth it over the RZR?? Most of the riding I do consist of sand dunes (Saint Anthony, glamis, etc) Any input or advice on which way to go???

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Hey guys... just a few questions

I am looking into buying the 2020/2021 talon 1000r. Picking from these two I’ve did a lot of reading and can’t seem to decide. Is the fox live suspension worth the extra $$$.

Background: I have only ever been a RZR owner with that being said I am looking at either a talon 1000r or the 2020 RZR xp 1000 turbo.

From all the owners of prior SXS, would you say that the Honda 1000r is well worth it over the RZR. Most of the riding I do consist of sand dunes (Saint Anthony, glamis, etc) my fellow riders only own the YXZ and they are firm believes they are the best machine. I for one am not a fan.. being a driver not a passenger. Any input or advice on which way to go???
In the end you have to make up your mind. Most people think what they bought is the best other wise they would have picked up the Talon, but that is only true after 2019 as earlier there were no Talons. Try to find someone that has one and drives in the area you are so you can get a test ride or perhaps even drive it. Best way to decide is to drive them on the same course. Trying to make up your mind based on other peoples input is a tough one. Good luck and hope someone on this forum can add a bit of information as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you want to be able to make it up the big dunes then a Talon isn't the SXS for you. Get something with more power. Turbo S, Pro XP, Maverick X3 Turbo RR, etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
To compare apples to apples I would say your options need to have a turbo Talon....for the sand turbo power is fun! I would take a Turbo Talon over a turbo RZR all day. But that's just my opinion!:p

·
Registered
29 Posts
To compare apples to apples I would say your options need to have a turbo Talon....for the sand turbo power is fun! I would take a Turbo Talon over a turbo RZR all day. But that's just my opinion!:p
Now that they claim to have straightened out the effed up fuel mapping that may be a viable option. Waiting for more feedback on that front.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Now that they claim to have straightened out the effed up fuel mapping that may be a viable option. Waiting for more feedback on that front.
I totally agree! I have been following it and do feel like it is fixed and ready to go! I plan to put one on now in the next year! Turbo and banging gears takes my back to my car days....so much fun!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts