Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed spring kit from Shock therapy and ride has improved dramatically, but now I have a more noticeable bottoming out on the extend side. I spoke with them and I inquired about the re-valving service but he stated it would only help so much. Shock therapy does not make a strap kit for the talon yet. I am looking into strapping the front shock, has anyone done this yet on there Talon 1000R?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am not sure exactly who makes one for the Talon but I would have thought that Shock Therapy would know/sale one. I thought I heard a video of someone that had Shock Therapy do there suspension and that they had that installed at the same time.....did Shock Therapy tell you they don't have any that can provide that?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes Shock Therapy does not have the strap kit yet! They said within a few weeks?
their kits are nice, quite spendy, but they are adjustable. I measured my ST re sprung shocks and it looks like I will need 24” straps, which Super ATV has. So for less than $60 plus longer grade eight bolts with three nylock nuts each I think I will just do it myself. the kits ST has now run from $269.00 to $299.00, so I would expect the Talon kits to be in that same price range. Under $100.00 seems reasonable to me for a pair.
Oh and yes the new Shock Therapy Shocks bottom out on full extension bumps jumps etc... which the stock ones never did for me, but the ride is worth it. They just should include or at least recommend limit straps as it is a definite must have!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally agree. Do you think we will need to add spacers to keep them as parallel to the shocks. I’ve seen a lot of kits with them

·
Registered
93 Posts
I will just use a lock nut for the Shock another the position the strap farther out and a third to hold it on, but not to tight (I want it to be able to swivel). All on a longer grade eight bolt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds like it will work. Post pics if you get it done I will post picks if I get mine done as well. Kinda don’t want to wait for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yea, that’s my problem I was going to order and install it, but they couldn’t ship it to me in time as I fly out for home (Costa Rica) on Saturday. When I return sometime in December or January (Glamis Time) I will order and install them. (I only need them on the front)
That sounds like it will work. Post pics if you get it done I will post picks if I get mine done as well. Kinda don’t want to wait for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just installed spring kit from Shock therapy and ride has improved dramatically, but now I have a more noticeable bottoming out on the extend side. I spoke with them and I inquired about the re-valving service but he stated it would only help so much. Shock therapy does not make a strap kit for the talon yet. I am looking into strapping the front shock, has anyone done this yet on there Talon 1000R?
mine has the Fox Live - what will shock therapy do? more travel?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure if the fox live have any issues. The 1000r had bucking issues. Shock therapy springs corrected that but now my front needs straps to limit full extension

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, that’s my problem I was going to order and install it, but they couldn’t ship it to me in time as I fly out for home (Costa Rica) on Saturday. When I return sometime in December or January (Glamis Time) I will order and install them. (I only need them on the front)

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000r Turbo
15 Posts
24" is also what I went with. Works good and no clunk. Funny, my buddy had his done at shock therapy as well and he doesn't have the extension clunk like I do. FYI: Shock Therapy can't revalve Fox Live, but they can do the springs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
are you talking 24" center to center total? Also are both top and bottom using about 1.5" spacers out on shock bolts?

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Talon 1000r Turbo
15 Posts
yes 24 center to center, and yes you have to use spacers to clear the springs. I got my straps from Summit Racing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
yes 24 center to center, and yes you have to use spacers to clear the springs. I got my straps from Summit Racing.
Which ones from summit did you end up getting? Im looking at their site and they have a few different ones that are 24”.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Shock therapy can revalve the live valve? I had my x4 with live valve done 6-8 weeks ago. And my buddy had his done 3-4 months ago. You might want to call them and ask them. The springs and revalve made a world of difference at slow speeds

1 - 20 of 22 Posts