Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife crashed our 2020 Honda Talon 1000x-4 over the weekend. I took it to the dealer to have a door and some plastics fixed and they are telling me the frame is bent. We don't have insurance (I thought we did but apparently she never activated it). The bend/dent is high, by the top of the rear door. I am being told the door won't function correctly if/when replaced. What are my options? If it is going to cost thousands to have a rear door function, should I just deal with having a rear door that doesn't work on one side or are there other potential repercussions? I am going to head to the dealer tomorrow to get pictures and discuss options with them as well. Would love to get any ideas from you all prior.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey, bummer, crap happens. Hope nobody got hurt.

Most or at least my auto insurance has a notification grace period for adding vehicles - unless it’s been a while since you got it .

·
Registered
259 Posts
Agree with above. I worked at a pow esports dealer on the weekends a few years back helping out and anything with a bent frame was either totaled out or a complete swap of the machine to a new frame - insurance made final call.

Short of insurance, a good frame tech can pull anything out and get if not back to OEM pretty darn close.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Get the new door, put it on and you will see where you need to bend it and which way and how much to get the door to close. A good handy man jack or hydraulic jack, some 4x4s and a buddy to help you and an hour or two of time and I bet you will have it back to 99% in no time! And a lot cheaper then a shop that can turn a 1 hour job into 8 hours!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts