Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Talon flashes continuous blank gear selection, temp and rear tires on the display. When you turn the key to start the display turns off. I have tried different batteries and it will also not jump start. Wondering if anyone has had this problem or can help me out. The talon is factory still no added anything. I only have about 600 miles on it and most of those are pavement.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please be more specific. Does the starter turn (crank over) and the engine not start or does the starter not turn over at all?
The starter does not crank either. When turning the key to start it acts just like you turned the key in the off position…. No dash lights nothing.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The starter does not crank either. When turning the key to start it acts just like you turned the key in the off position…. No dash lights nothing.
So let me see if I have this straight?...

In the "On" (I) position, everything is normal. The dash comes on and goes through its checks, headlights work, etc?
In the "Start" (II) position, everything goes dead?

If that is the case then you have several possibilities (in most common order)...
  • Bad battery (you already tried another).
  • Loose battery cables (should be tight if you tried another battery).
  • Loose ground wire. There are 4 places to check...
    • Battery to engine on left side of engine.
    • Engine to frame. One on left front of engine, the other on left side of frame.
    • Big cluster of grounds under the rubber flap under the driver seat (or left rear seat if an X4). Make sure this is not corroded and is good and tight.
  • Loose positive cables on the solenoid or main fuses in the battery box. Check them all.
  • Loose main cable inside the fuse box.
  • Bad ignition switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So let me see if I have this straight?...

In the "On" (I) position, everything is normal. The dash comes on and goes through its checks, headlights work, etc?
In the "Start" (II) position, everything goes dead?

If that is the case then you have several possibilities (in most common order)...
  • Bad battery (you already tried another).
  • Loose battery cables (should be tight if you tried another battery).
  • Loose ground wire. There are 4 places to check...
    • Battery to engine on left side of engine.
    • Engine to frame. One on left front of engine, the other on left side of frame.
    • Big cluster of grounds under the rubber flap under the driver seat (or left rear seat if an X4). Make sure this is not corroded and is good and tight.
  • Loose positive cables on the solenoid or main fuses in the battery box. Check them all.
  • Loose main cable inside the fuse box.
  • Bad ignition switch.
Appreciate the feedback! I will run through the items you listed and see if i can identify the problem. Thank You

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.