Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my talon out for a ride the other day and went and got stuck in a mud hole . I winched my self out of the hole and drove to the top of a hill when out of no where it cut off on me. Since then I’ve got it back home and washed it off getting all the mud off it. I’ve check all fuses, relays and all checked out good. I’ve tried the flooding procedure thinking it may have flooded it self but have had no luck. I can hear the fuel pump working and the injectors priming but am not getting any injector pulse. IT will only run if i spray starting fluid in the intake. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Short of the dropping off at dealer....

-Find/check injector ground(s).
-Find/check all injector wires/plugs/etc. back to ecu.

Maybe something loose or undone.

Sounds like you have spark

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Welcome to the forum LSX454. My first thought is did you run all of the vent tubes up high? There are vents on the fan, front and rear diff, transmission, gas tank … If you were in deep mud/water I would start by checking all of the vent lines to make sure they were not blocked and or full of water/mud. In addition all of the electronics is under the seat and the connections are low enough to let water/mud in as well, I filled the connections with electrolytic grease and zip tied them together to help keep them dry. I know several people at Hess Motorsports actually moved the electronics and the central ground up high. Next take a good look the two plastic windows on the intake to make sure they are dry with no contamination. Let us know what you find and good luck. Hope this helps, ride safe and do have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts