Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't pulled the trigger yet but will be buying the 2021 1000r live valve around September. Was just curious what do you guys think is the most important aftermarket thing to do first. From reading, it looks like the stock tires are kind of crappy so was probably going to do that first. Any thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 1000x 4 Live Valve
62 Posts
Just get it all before you pick it up 😁. Honestly it was mirrors for me. The winch is a must if you ride were no one is around..the filter is fine just get a particle separator. It really depends on your needs and wants bud. 🤘 and I find the tires work well in sand , rocks and mud so unless your looking for more clearance I would wear them out and then pickup a set of your preference. IMO

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon R
14 Posts
I haven't pulled the trigger yet but will be buying the 2021 1000r live valve around September. Was just curious what do you guys think is the most important aftermarket thing to do first. From reading, it looks like the stock tires are kind of crappy so was probably going to do that first. Any thoughts. Thanks
First thing I would do is change out the skid plate to a heavier duty skid plate if there’s any chance you’ll be bouncing it off rocks. That modification is a PIA after those bolts underneath take a few good licks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
#1 4, or 5 point harnesses.
#2 new softer springs
I have added lights, bed box, tailgate, 32” tires, etc. The absolute best investment I have made by far is the Eibach spring kit, then the 4 point harnesses. I do like the 32” tires too, but they weren’t mandatory.
Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
#1 4, or 5 point harnesses.
#2 new softer springs
I have added lights, bed box, tailgate, 32” tires, etc. The absolute best investment I have made by far is the Eibach spring kit, then the 4 point harnesses. I do like the 32” tires too, but they weren’t mandatory.
Good luck!
Thank you sir

1 - 10 of 10 Posts