Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad and I went to the Paiute trail and Black hills with my 2020 100x4- with fox live valve. In all we put on 700 miles. 500 in Utah and 200 in the hills.

We really had zero issues, and this was a bone stock machine performance wise. It does have a winch, plow mount, aftermarket windshield and few other things, but nothing affecting the overall performance of the machine.

I now have about 1100 miles on it and here’s my overall thoughts on what could be improved:

Not much:
Maybe someone could come up with a tuner to smooth out transmission shifts both when letting off gas and accelerating.

Definitely need to try and fix the rattling doors.... driving on the Paiute it got annoying hearing them rattle.

I was super happy with the performance of the machine. We had no breakdowns, no issues. Everything just worked as expected and worked well. We drove mostly easy to moderate trails in both areas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s been great so far, just wish there was a way to smooth out the shifting in automatic mode.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hit the Paiute Trail multiple times every year. It is hard to find a better place to ride. It has a little bit of everything! The rubber bump things are adjustable. That was a big reason I went with Honda. Solid Tight machine with little to no rattles. I have only had mine on the Paiute one time since I bought it but have three more trips planned this year. Post some pics please!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was a ton of fun. I love the Black Hills in South Dakota a lot, but Utah was a lot of fun also!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
One rubber thing fell off it had to be adjusted out so far. I put 3 strips of 1" thick foam in that area. That door fastened much tighter than with the rubber thing. I liked it so much I took the rubber thing off the other side and did the same thing. I have a couple thousand miles and I hardly ever let it shift in automatic. I see no need to go screaming down the street at 5K rpm waiting for it to auto shift so I now run in manual 99% of the time and I can shift it at much lower rpm.

·
Registered
2020 4X Live
11 Posts
The doors double latch. Try screwing the rubber in all the way, then push door firmly, yet slowly shut until you hear a double click. Now adjust the stops as needed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
One rubber thing fell off it had to be adjusted out so far. I put 3 strips of 1" thick foam in that area. That door fastened much tighter than with the rubber thing. I liked it so much I took the rubber thing off the other side and did the same thing. I have a couple thousand miles and I hardly ever let it shift in automatic. I see no need to go screaming down the street at 5K rpm waiting for it to auto shift so I now run in manual 99% of the time and I can shift it at much lower rpm.
If you are close to the end of the threads on the rubber stops you can drill a small hole on the door side and instal a rubber grommet. There are different ones available at the hardware store and you just need to drill the correct size hole. Here is what i did and worked perfect.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey man, i was messing withmy rattling rear passenger door yesterday and thought those rubber bumbers that screw in and out were too short too. Then i found that the doors seem to have a secondary latch or something. What i mean by this is i actually screwed the rubber bumbers in about half way of a little more, then shut the door and they seem to shut further and tighter and the rattling was gone. Maybe im nuts, and totally wrong and the rattle will come back? Regardless i like what youve done with the doors.

·
Registered
2020 4X Live
11 Posts
C
Hey man, i was messing withmy rattling rear passenger door yesterday and thought those rubber bumbers that screw in and out were too short too. Then i found that the doors seem to have a secondary latch or something. What i mean by this is i actually screwed the rubber bumbers in about half way of a little more, then shut the door and they seem to shut further and tighter and the rattling was gone. Maybe im nuts, and totally wrong and the rattle will come back? Regardless i like what youve done with the doors.
Correct, they have a double latch mechanism. You want to hear/feel 2 clicks when shutting the door

·
Registered
267 Posts
What size tires are you running? Bigger than 30" and it messes up the shift points. There are six speed sensors on the Talon, you can buy a correction device from 12oclocklabs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts