Honda Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read through the other posts but didn't really see a lot of X4 owners talking about their trailer options. For my storage capabilities, I need to find non enclosed trailer, single axle trailer to haul an X4.

Anyone else go down this path and if so, make, model width, length?

Appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

·
Registered
1000X4 Live Valve, on order
45 Posts
There are a lot of trailer manufacturers out there. I have tandem axle 16', with trailer brakes on one axle, on order. Mine is a Zieman f-816. The Zieman is rated at 5K lbs and weighs 1200 lbs. With the Talon it will be right at 3K. I also looked at Carson trailers. Both companies have offices in Los Angeles. Weight wise a single axle should be fine but I wanted the tandem in case of a blow out. Prices ranged in the $2500-3000 range. You can also try craigslist for options. I hope to get my trailer and x4LV this week.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Talon 1000X 4 Live Valve
178 Posts
I've read through the other posts but didn't really see a lot of X4 owners talking about their trailer options. For my storage capabilities, I need to find non enclosed trailer, single axle trailer to haul an X4.

Anyone else go down this path and if so, make, model width, length?

Appreciate your thoughts and feedback.
I use a Carson 7' x 14' single axle. It has a fold down mesh tail gate and a low rail surrounding the bed. I mounted a 3500lb winch on the front rail and winch my Talon 4 on backwards to provide more tongue weight. I have a "V' shaped box on the tongue for storage. I use gorilla lifts on the heavy rear gate so that I can lift it to close with virtually no effort. I use E Track for wheel tie down (I use a 2" ratchet strap over the wheels to hold it in place). With a 7' width I can get in and out of it with no trouble, although 8' would be better, but that usually requires a custom size and I didn't want to wait. I have had this trailer since 2012 and am very happy with its size and function.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For the sake of reference for future X4 owners, I use an Aluma 12' dual axle. Fits snug as a bug in a rug with 32's.

Ideally I was looking for a 14' steel but with supplies practically non-existent I ended up buying what was available. Turns out I love it though, with the aluminum so light to man handle when empty plus the ramps are a breeze to lift and move. Can't do easy welds of custom tie down points, but there are shops who can.

Cheers

s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.