Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unhappy with the live valve 4 seater. Too stiff and not compliant in the rocks. I had the suspension re-valved at Fineline in St George Utah. Kept the stock springs.
it is a different car. Much more comfortable, doesn’t beat you to death and don’t even notice the chatter bumps.
I can even use the sport mode now on the fast sections.
Next mod is some tires ....

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you go to a bigger tire with a taller side wall that will also help some of the small chop. My cousin and I have identical machines and setups except for I did my suspension and he didn't do his. We both run 32-in tires and since being on 32's and getting over a thousand miles on the machine he says the suspension is good to go for him. He said the tires made a big difference in the little chatter for him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you go to a bigger tire with a taller side wall that will also help some of the small chop. My cousin and I have identical machines and setups except for I did my suspension and he didn't do his. We both run 32-in tires and since being on 32's and getting over a thousand miles on the machine he says the suspension is good to go for him. He said the tires made a big difference in the little chatter for him.
What tires did you get?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have GBC Terra Masters. I absolutely love them! I ride mostly Tennessee area and they have done great in everything I have thrown at them! These have been the best tire I have used to date! They are on the lighter side to which was a big thing for me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi - I have an X. Did the bandit tender spring thing before I even put a mile on it and yes it still pretty much sucks. I can’t imagine it being worse with the stock tender springs.

Does anyone know of a reputable east coast suspension shop that is somewhat close to Eastern PA that can revalve/re-spring the shocks.

Around here it’s all hard pack with rocks in the hard pack and I feel everyone of them.

I understand the cost is a bummer but every dirt bike I had was $300 on each end to get fixed up, so $1200+ or so is what I’m expecting. Just don’t want the hassle of shipping costs if ya can believe that. Would rather drive a couple of hours, drop off, and pick back up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can't say enough how happy I am with my complete suspension job done by G-Force suspension and racing technologies out of Johnson City Tennessee. I live in Illinois and did have to ship it to him but it really wasn't as bad as I thought. If I remember correctly I went to UPS with my shocks and had them box them and pack them with me standing there. The total cost to ship it to him I believe was $90. Wish it would have been zero but I didn't think 90 was that bad. I'm not joking when I can tell you I can make this thing so plush now for when my wife rides with me. Then I stiffen it up for when it's just me. I absolutely love the suspension on my talon now. You could set up an appointment with Gary at G-Force for a Friday drop off and install, He told me he could have me easily in and out in a day, And then meet me at Royal Blue and Tackett Creek and we can ride the rest of the weekend together! :) that was my original plan with him until things changed on my end.

·
Registered
2021 1000X Live Valve
37 Posts
I am reasonably happy with my stock LV suspension. I am running BFG KM3's at 10-12 psi, and at this point I couldn't justify spending money to change anything. I have the X, and it is surprisingly good at bashing through big desert whoops! I think it has something to do with the length of the vehicle. I can roll right through whoops that would be miserable in a truck or some other UTV's (to long) or an ATV (to short), but strangely the X is in a sweet spot where it matches the whoop rhythm.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was unhappy with the live valve 4 seater. Too stiff and not compliant in the rocks. I had the suspension re-valved at Fineline in St George Utah. Kept the stock springs.
it is a different car. Much more comfortable, doesn’t beat you to death and don’t even notice the chatter bumps.
I can even use the sport mode now on the fast sections.
Next mod is some tires ....
I have the 2020 R. So your machine is heavier.

Tire pressure is a big factor on comfortable ride. If you are running the stock tires try 8 psi. I really liked my 30” tires. Went to 32” and I don’t like them very much. True, you get more clearance, but the down sides of Speedo/ odo error and the fact the machine has 6 speed sensors that effect braking efficiency, engine braking, idle, shift points...and on. They look cool, that is for sure. I run them at 9.5 pounds because lower and the sidewalls in the rear bulge too much.

disclosure, I never drove it with stock tires. I put system 3 bead locks and 30” tires on before I drove it. Going to 32” from 30” I noticed it doesn’t crawl as well, I need more throttle. I have to use my brakes more on downhills that engine braking used to handle without. It has less power above 50 mph.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow I must be missing something I have 2020 x4 and I drive in desert of Northern Arizona and glamis I don't notice anything like everyone talks about I feel my machine is perfect I have a nephew who has a rzr (BOO) all raced out go tons of money in his suspension I can't tell any difference
WHAT AM I MISSING
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts