Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. New here as I'm in the market for a 4 seat SXS and the Talon is very high on our list. One thing that is concerning is the overall height in the specs. My preference is an enclosed trailer which I have now for snowmobiles but it's not tall enough. I'm willing to swap trailers but the majority of the enclosed I'm finding have a 78" door opening. The Honda specs say the Talon 4 is 78.5" tall. Does anyone have any real world experience here? I want to make sure I have a little extra room in case we decide to bump up a tire size in the future as that seems to be fairly common. Getting a trailer with at least an 80" opening seems to be a customer order and of course that means extra $$$.

Thanks for any input you may have on this.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Welcome Switchback, I use a flatbed iron car hauler so I have an enclosed trailer but do not use it for the same reason. I have seen other posts addressing the problem so look around in the forum and you will find several articles. Do send us a picture of your trailer, ride and favorite places to ride. Again welcome, have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome - not sure where you are located, But a lot of Aluma trailer dealers stock trailers are taller (6'9" or 7' inside height). Aluma is a premium brand so are higher priced. I had one built with extra 4' x 4' door on driver side so could use a 7' wide trailer and be able to drive in and get out. It took about a month to get, but really was not a lot higher (depending on how you do inside) than inventory one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'll check on the Aluma trailers. The 7' trailers I'm finding still only have a 78" door opening due to the spring. The other challenge is that I need a trailer large enough to not only haul the 4 seat Talon but also 2 more ATV's :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
for the record, I just went & measured my Aluma and with 7' ceiling height, the door is right at 80" high opening. Also not sure about the x4, but you may gain a little height because your high point is ahead of center of rear wheels as you go up ramp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The back of Talon does sit very high and would hit my door frame on my Mighty Mover trailer also.
I just used 2 ratcheting tie downs to compress the rear suspension while loading and unloading.
I use tie downs over the tires to hold the SXS in place while moving, so there isn't any load on the shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts