Honda Talon Forum banner

100 mile service?

19K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  TOGR 
#1 ·
Seiously? If I go out for a weekend 100 miles is nothing. This seems so quick.

#16 ·
Idiot question here, i just did the first oil change at 150 miles. . and like a fool i dumped 7 whole quarts in after replacing the filters and letting the 12mm and 17mm drain plugs off for about 30 min. it was empty empty before adding new oil. the dip stick is hard to read because the lines are so close but after 7 quarts and warming up for 5-7 minutes the dipstick reads at the top or maybe slightly above the top line. should i drain a little out to be safe??

#22 ·
Not that hard to change the engine/trans and sub trans oils plus both filters yourself, which should be done at about 100 miles but could wait a bit longer too. Just do a little research first and follow the procedure.

Valve adjustment charge at 100 miles is a scam. Most dealers will simply listen to the valves, and when they sound fine, not even remove anything. Will charge you the several hours as if they had though.

If your valves are not all of a sudden making unusual racket, save the money. Could just ask the dealer to change the oil if you don’t want to do it yourself. I guarantee if they hear an issue upon startup, they will let you know.