Honda Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyways, hi everyone. Hoping to learn everything I can about my blind purchase simply because I believe in Honda.

·
Registered
257 Posts
And sit down before you read this..... it's $613 . Yes, you read that correctly it's like 4 hours of labor because they adjust/ check valve clearance plus all fluids changed. They have to remove the seats and the firewall behind the seats to get to everything ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Honda must have a reason, because after that you don’t change oil for 1200 miles

I don’t know how you would put 20 hours on it in only 100 miles I had 109 miles and 9 hours ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And sit down before you read this..... it's $613 . Yes, you read that correctly it's like 4 hours of labor because they adjust/ check valve clearance plus all fluids changed. They have to remove the seats and the firewall behind the seats to get to everything ?
Must be regional pricing. My local dealers quoted 419.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Must be regional pricing. My local dealers quoted 419.
Hi Big had, that is roughly the same the local dealer quoted me here in Florida. I internet video coupled with maintenance manual to do the work. Mine was used 15 hours on it and the dealer did the first two maintenance updates before I picked it up. Replacing the fluids and filters is no big deal. If you have not adjusted valves you might get help from a mechanically inclined friend or have the dealer just do the valve adjustments. That way you an have more money for accessories!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m fully capable of performing the work. Just too lazy these days. Besides, I kinda want the records in Honda’s database.?

·
Registered
9 Posts
well did you read the manual that states the break in also? the first 15 miles? then the 100 mile service. i plan to to drive my talon local only until after the 100 mile service. i dont like to gamble on break ins. no one should. but its your money.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Just guess I am a bit different, I actually like working on mine and enjoy keeping it in good shape. No worries, one way or the other they are fun to drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts